• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

Well to be completely honest, good riddance.

That may seem harsh given I've had only one encounter with her, but she seemed very sketchy and off putting, in case you missed my post about how she was looking for drugs and just rude. And I wasn't the only one who's had a similar experience.

HBH will live on without her. John may have his mind in alot of different places, but from all I have seen, he is a very kind man.

Well to be completely honest, good riddance.

That may seem harsh given I've had only one encounter with her, but she seemed very sketchy and off putting, in case you missed my post about how she was looking for drugs and just rude. And I wasn't the only one who's had a similar experience.

HBH will live on without her. John may have his mind in alot of different places, but from all I have seen, he is a very kind man.

John is very friendly and accommodating to those that visit Highbridge, but he is no angel. He has had some bad business dealings that were his fault. There is a reason the PDGA won't allow sanctioned tournaments at Highbridge.

Still, I've had great encounters with John and would certainly rather be in his company than Abby's. Good riddance indeed.

There is a reason the PDGA won't allow sanctioned tournaments at Highbridge.
61375576.jpg

Right before worlds was hosted at Highbridge, some baskets were sent to him to be used at the tournament and going forward at Highbridge. I don't know if they were sent by the PDGA or a manufacturer, but he was supposed to pay for them. John didn't think he had to and still hasn't paid for them. So the PDGA said no sanctioned tournaments for you.

I truly hope she is gone for good. That is the best news i've heard all month. Im a 6 year returner to Highbride and contemplated not going back with that girl around.

Many shady deals around those parts. :popcorn: Great golf, they can have my daily money and thats where the line is drawn.

Check for yourself....
Ashland county website has all register of deeds documents online (mortgages, foreclosures, bankruptcies, lis pendens, etc)
So does state of WI on the WCCA website.
Search Jokinen and see if you find anything

Check for yourself....
Ashland county website has all register of deeds documents online (mortgages, foreclosures, bankruptcies, lis pendens, etc)
So does state of WI on the WCCA website.
Search Jokinen and see if you find anything

all states do pretty sure outside of some oddballs.. its a part of "public notice" which goes with the laws.

Amazing what you can find on a county search really.

I think Jon is a great guy who really need some good help like others here have said and are or have been doing for him. Hes too far for me but that plot of land has some long-term future development for sure the city and the like just need to grow before any of that is a reality.

Last edited:
from my experience driving into his complex 4 days and not staying on site.. I can say he need help but understand the situation and was more then happy with experience outside of the lackluster signage. I didn't need a golf cart or any of that BS just need to know where to go, that's all I ask.

As far as making a complex of DG this or that... it has a long way to go from that of the hotel which we stayed at with campfires on the lake and breakfast every morning along with cleaned room and fresh whatever yet still only a few bills and a short drive. That doesn't include the hot tub with bar just around the corner and full pool.

I dont have her as a friend so maybe thats why I couldnt see it.

I have heard about the issues with basket manufacturers and that is too bad. However as we all know, nobody is perfect, and I feel more at ease helping out AND playing there with Abby gone.

As far as making a complex of DG this or that... it has a long way to go from that of the hotel which we stayed at with campfires on the lake and breakfast every morning along with cleaned room and fresh whatever yet still only a few bills and a short drive. That doesn't include the hot tub with bar just around the corner and full pool.

I am not sure I got all this. You stayed at a place, close to Highbridge, with campfires on the lake, breakfast, hot tub, pool and a bar? As a group of guys with a Highbridge trip on our short list of roadtrips, this is what we are looking for. Where did you stay, Aim?

I am not sure I got all this. You stayed at a place, close to Highbridge, with campfires on the lake, breakfast, hot tub, pool and a bar? As a group of guys with a Highbridge trip on our short list of roadtrips, this is what we are looking for. Where did you stay, Aim?

Guessing it was a hotel in Ashland. Unless you get the Honka House I would suggest doing this. We stayed in the cabin by Honka and when we showed up in the middle of the night a light was on inside and the door was wide open so it was just crawling with bugs. Its pretty cool to be able to drink while you play and not have to worry about driving but after two nights we said screw it and got a hotel room and went to Deep Water Grill and South Shore Brewery for the king cut prime rib and beer flights :thmbup:

I like camping...but that's just me. Stay up by the "pro shop". Campfires at night (usually a few others camping up there), beerz during the day, head down to the bunkhouse for showers in the morning.

Guessing it was a hotel in Ashland. Unless you get the Honka House I would suggest doing this. We stayed in the cabin by Honka and when we showed up in the middle of the night a light was on inside and the door was wide open so it was just crawling with bugs. Its pretty cool to be able to drink while you play and not have to worry about driving but after two nights we said screw it and got a hotel room and went to Deep Water Grill and South Shore Brewery for the king cut prime rib and beer flights :thmbup:

Yep. We dont drink and play so that wasnt a problem. I think it was a best western in ashland. Was decent place for sure. Cool little town.

Woodlands signs are halfway done as of today. I plan on putting them in next weekend.