• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

Went with 9 buddies this past weekend... Had the time of our life Friday through Monday.

Here's some takeaways as this was our 5th year....
-The Chestnut campsite was cleaned up and in really good shape. This was a worry of ours after hearing about the rave but looks like John went in and got all the trash out.
-There were 5 carts and we used 4 on Granite and Gold. Good times strapping coolers to the back and playing in two groups of 5.
- Granite was in prime shape. Freshly mowed and the best conditioned course on property.
Tough throwing in 20-30mph winds but the group did pretty well score wise.
-Woodland was also in good shape and we played it twice. No overgrowth or areas where shots couldn't be played.
-Bear is our favorite... The test of wills. John did us a favor and mowed it the morning of because he's a good guy like that. Some of the fairways are a little long but that's why you play the Bear, to give your game a wake up call.
-Blueberry was in good shape. Yes, there are some areas that were muddy because of the festivals but most of these areas you should be throwing over anyways (fairway of #2 & #3) so don't worry about it.
-Gold was a tough one for us. It's one of the best courses in the world and in the previous year's it was majestic. We aren't concerned with the unbuilt structures but the trash just made you a little sad. It's not like it's in the fairway and an obstruction but just disappointing to see such a beautiful piece of land be littered. Tent was in the way on back 9, I think #15 but just add it to the challenge.
-Chestnut was in awesome shape. It's still a 2 star track but freshly mowed and fun at night. Played til 4am Sunday morning.

There is a lot of unwarranted complaining on this thread (WAY before any rave was hosted there) and to be honest, it sounds like a lot of dudes who don't know how to man up and survive the elements. If your expecting Sandy Point or Rollin Ridge type amenities then sorry but it's not happening. You're looking at one guy taking care of 6 courses, and the idea is to go up there and leave with bloody legs, the smell of someone who hasn't showered in a few days. and no shoulder left because you you just threw 150-200 holes.

Really hoping there is a 2017 for Highbridge... Of course I don't want to see Raves and weirdo festivals, but disc ain't paying the bills,
so if it's the choice of No Highbridge or Highbridge with Raves sprinkled in then I guess there has to be the some techno.

I see the same people over the last 4 years on this thread go up there and just complain yet keep returning? f you don't like Highbridge then don't go... Pretty easy concept. I for one am already planning next year's trip.
ha Raves sprinkled in.. but just so you get lucky enough for it not to land on your weekend up there, right? :) I'll reiterate that we had an amazing time even with the Rave and discing what we could, because our group makes the best of the unexpected elements up there.

You may have had a different opinion if you went up there on that weekend, being ignored til the last minute, seeing half of the courses out of commission / neglected and having to scrounge for carts, finding one on a garbage pile that some raver thought he could ride over :) Camping is a safer bet for sure, but it would be nice to at least get a heads up when he wipes out our honka 'reservation' lol. It's def good to expect less as you approach hb and you'll be delighted. And I'll agree, the courses are not sustainable on their own so these things are inevitable.

We'll be skipping hbh next year but will def return... one day.

I was up at Highbridge this past weekend, and the courses that we played looked great. I never expect perfect conditions at Highbridge and it always ends up being a fun time. If you ended up there on the weekend of the music festival, then I can see why you would get upset about that. But blueberry, granite and woodland were all looking great. I did not get a chance to check out the others, but there was a note that said all of bear had been mowed as well. There was no garbage laying around that I saw besides in cans or in a golf cart back by the little building to pay at. There was a random tent set up still on blueberry, and maybe 3 or 4 down easy up Canopies just left there broken. But that didn't bother me at all, and I'm sure he will eventually pick all of those up. Hopefully these courses continue to get maintained to some extent and not let go to crap. I love how quiet it is up there and how peaceful it feels to play rounds at a place like Highbridge Hills. I'll be back yet again next year for my annual trip!

Gonna get Gold's signage started this week; I've been discouraged about HBH all summer so I've neglected doing it, but I'm gonna finish it, it's the last course that needs it. I have to play out there one more time before winter hits and I gotta hold up my end of the deal.

Gonna get Gold's signage started this week; I've been discouraged about HBH all summer so I've neglected doing it, but I'm gonna finish it, it's the last course that needs it. I have to play out there one more time before winter hits and I gotta hold up my end of the deal.

You're doing God's work, sir.

Thank you.

I was at Highbridge all week. The courses were all in great shape minus the ruts on Blueberry #3 and the holes around Gold #8. The ruts really aren't much of a problem. Almost all of the debris from the raves is gone. I only noticed it in 3 places. Bear has been completely mowed.

I played Blueberry, Granite, and Woodland multiple times. Granite is spectacular right now, especially 7 - 16. Just stunning. Blueberry was great too, it just doesn't have the beautifully manicured fairways of Granite. These two courses are my favorites, and if they were all that Highbridge had it would still be worth going.. But there's more.. Woodland is a fun little course and is in great shape as well.

Gold and Bear are just too long and difficult for my current game. Bear was very pretty and you really feel like you are playing in the woods far from civilization. It was just too long for me with lot's of opportunity for lost discs.

Jeremy your signs are greatly appreciated. For someone who'd never played there before they were life savers.

For anyone considering going to Highbridge don't be discouraged by some of the whining and complaining that goes on in this thread. No Highbridge isn't perfect but the courses are all playing great. You have one guy trying to maintain it all. I traveled from Florida and loved every minute I spent there. I miss it already.

I was at Highbridge all week. The courses were all in great shape minus the ruts on Blueberry #3 and the holes around Gold #8. The ruts really aren't much of a problem. Almost all of the debris from the raves is gone. I only noticed it in 3 places. Bear has been completely mowed.

I played Blueberry, Granite, and Woodland multiple times. Granite is spectacular right now, especially 7 - 16. Just stunning. Blueberry was great too, it just doesn't have the beautifully manicured fairways of Granite. These two courses are my favorites, and if they were all that Highbridge had it would still be worth going.. But there's more.. Woodland is a fun little course and is in great shape as well.

Gold and Bear are just too long and difficult for my current game. Bear was very pretty and you really feel like you are playing in the woods far from civilization. It was just too long for me with lot's of opportunity for lost discs.

Jeremy your signs are greatly appreciated. For someone who'd never played there before they were life savers.

For anyone considering going to Highbridge don't be discouraged by some of the whining and complaining that goes on in this thread. No Highbridge isn't perfect but the courses are all playing great. You have one guy trying to maintain it all. I traveled from Florida and loved every minute I spent there. I miss it already.

Wow that's quite a trip! Good to hear things are looking better, I haven't been up there for awhile. I'm doing the 2nd 3rd part of the sign process tomorrow, and as long as I don't get stuck on jury duty, I'll head out and put em' up on Gold on Friday. Gonna try my hand playing the course as well.

Wow that's quite a trip! Good to hear things are looking better, I haven't been up there for awhile. I'm doing the 2nd 3rd part of the sign process tomorrow, and as long as I don't get stuck on jury duty, I'll head out and put em' up on Gold on Friday. Gonna try my hand playing the course as well.

When I lived in Atlanta I was on the Jury Duty list. During the selection process, the Defense lawyer asked the question "What T.V. shows do you like to watch"? I said that I liked The UFO files and The O'Reily Factor. That was all that it took to get me out of it. That was 2005, there might be some other current shows that would also work. It has been 11 yrs since I that happened.

Last edited:
When I lived in Atlanta I was on the Jury Duty list. During the selection process, the Defense lawyer asked the question "What T.V. shows do you like to watch"? I said that I liked The UFO files and The O'Reily Factor. That was all that it took to get me out of it. That was 2005, there might be some other current shows that would also work. It has been 11 yrs since I that happened.

Maybe if I tell him I disc golf he'll cut me for being "one of those drunk hippies who plays frolph"

Gold's signs will be up Friday. Ended up on a thursday and friday trial, so it was a no go last week. Gonna try my hand at playing Gold as well too, hoping I have improved since my last try.

Thanks for the signage. I can't wait to get up there and check it out. Though it might not be until next season. Also speaking of jury duty. Just get yourself a Dimebag Darrell T-shirt with his pic and name real big. Make sure you stand up and talk so all can see....worked for me.

Thanks for the signage. I can't wait to get up there and check it out. Though it might not be until next season. Also speaking of jury duty. Just get yourself a Dimebag Darrell T-shirt with his pic and name real big. Make sure you stand up and talk so all can see....worked for me.

I wore my As Blood Runs Black hoodie but it didn't work haha.

I've always heard that if you state that anyone who's on trial is always guilty, you get passed over pretty quickly too.

Quickest way is to state, definitively with no doubt: "I'm for the cops, that's who's right. Always for the cops!"

...unless the defendant's black.

alsharptonlarge.jpg