• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

So my buddy and I tonight were talking about making the trip to Highbridge this fall, and we saw on the website that it seems to be closed, but there was an update of course conditions five days ago. So what's the deal? Is it closed to the public now, or is it still operating until it is sold?

Basically, is it possible that we can go and play it in September of this year, if it has not been sold?

Thanks for any insight.

Sorry about the conflicting information out there on the internets. jj is still a little salty about losing the place, so he's using his website to present false information, to try discourage people from visiting the hill. I know, I know, take legal action, right? Trust me, I have to pick and choose my battles these days, and I don't have the energy or time to pursue this one ,,,currently ;-)

Are any of the big Disc Mfrs located in Wisco or Minn?

Michigan is the closest to my knowledge, with MVP and Discraft. Cale Leiviska is from Minnesota, not a manufacturer, but does own the preserve and does a bunch of course design stuff.

Here's hoping someone takes the torch and continues the epic DG up there! I need to get my butt up there. It's a downright shame I live 3ish hours away and have never been.

Maybe gonna try a September trip if it's still playable.....

. . . I need to get my butt up there. It's a downright shame I live 3ish hours away and have never been.

Um, yeah. I think you would enjoy HBH. ;)

I picked up the "how dumb would I feel if . . ." test from Thomas Boswell, an excellent baseball writer. This test has guided me through decisions small and large.

Hmm.

How dumb would I feel if . . . HBH closed and I never played there? :)

Sorry about the conflicting information out there on the internets. jj is still a little salty about losing the place, so he's using his website to present false information, to try discourage people from visiting the hill. I know, I know, take legal action, right? Trust me, I have to pick and choose my battles these days, and I don't have the energy or time to pursue this one ,,,currently ;-)

Thanks for the replies.

So, if the website can't be trusted, who should we contact for a reservation?

Michigan is the closest to my knowledge, with MVP and Discraft. Cale Leiviska is from Minnesota, not a manufacturer, but does own the preserve and does a bunch of course design stuff.

Here's hoping someone takes the torch and continues the epic DG up there! I need to get my butt up there. It's a downright shame I live 3ish hours away and have never been.

Maybe gonna try a September trip if it's still playable.....

Hopefully someone will, Chuck's post made that seem promising.
It would be a bummer if you are that close and miss out on The Mecca. I've played several in Charlotte (about 3 hrs away) before we hit the road, and glad to have them on my list of courses played.

Will be up there hopefully tomorrow to play The Bear and Woodland Greens and back the next day to bag Blueberry, Gold and Granite Ridge. If anyone happens to be up this way, holler at me if you wanna play a round.

I just completed updating dual tees, dual basket placements and routing for Blueberry Hill on UDisc using their new Smart Layout feature. Took a fair amount of time to get two tees and two basket positions entered. However, once that was done, I was able to quickly enter 9 separate tee/pin combo layouts without needing to ever do a complete layout routing for all 18 holes the old way. Check it out. Since we now have Mach VII baskets in the long position on all 18 holes and DISCatchers in the short position on all 18 holes, how do we indicate the "Hole Type" on DGCR with only one slot?

So I'm confused - I'd heard that the properties were being potentially sold or a buyer was being sought, but I'm also seeing new lots were purchased around the course by Gold 8?

Is MM looking to make a more attractive package for a potential buyer? Or is this an indication that he's planning on staying involved longer than expected? I'm sure its a more complex situation than "he was gonna sell, now he's not" so I'm curious what the plan is.

I just completed updating dual tees, dual basket placements and routing for Blueberry Hill on UDisc using their new Smart Layout feature. Took a fair amount of time to get two tees and two basket positions entered. However, once that was done, I was able to quickly enter 9 separate tee/pin combo layouts without needing to ever do a complete layout routing for all 18 holes the old way. Check it out. Since we now have Mach VII baskets in the long position on all 18 holes and DISCatchers in the short position on all 18 holes, how do we indicate the "Hole Type" on DGCR with only one slot?

Mixed...?

Since we now have Mach VII baskets in the long position on all 18 holes and DISCatchers in the short position on all 18 holes, how do we indicate the "Hole Type" on DGCR with only one slot?

hadn't ever considered that. it would be cool to have a field indicating the number of baskets per hole. maybe one day when the site gets a major redesign that could be a thing; i could see how it could lead to some cool features for customizing a course page.

From Book of Faces...

Tom Wincse aka Mountain Man

I believe that I have finally located a buyer for Hignbridge Hills. I anticipate a solid offer next week. Unfortunately, I do not anticipate the new owner to continue disc golf operations on the hill.
We will be open through October 31, and. I will be maintaining the courses to my high standards until the end.
If you need to get up here for one more time, the first time, or to see the courses in the best conditions ever, now's the time.

From Book of Faces...

Tom Wincse aka Mountain Man

I believe that I have finally located a buyer for Hignbridge Hills. I anticipate a solid offer next week. Unfortunately, I do not anticipate the new owner to continue disc golf operations on the hill.
We will be open through October 31, and. I will be maintaining the courses to my high standards until the end.
If you need to get up here for one more time, the first time, or to see the courses in the best conditions ever, now's the time.

Heartbreaking, gutwrenching news. I have never played the complex. Good for Mountain Man, bad for me........................n-n-n-n-n-no...bodies fault but mine.

Damn

Damn damn

**Trip planning commences**

Looks like I'm hauling ass to northern Wisco Columbus day weekend unless I can swing it sooner.

Worst news I've heard in awhile. :(

I got a 4 day weekend coming up that I was going to head up that way anyway. Looks like I'll be planning an October trip as well now.

Sad, sad day for WI disc golf. Kudos to Tom for all the hard work he did after taking over the hill though. He kept it alive longer than it otherwise would've been, and has it looking better than ever. It will be sorely missed for sure.