• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 02/07/13: Roy G. Guerrero DGC in Austin, TX

Brall

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Roy G. Guerrero DGC
in Austin, TX
Rating – 4.29

21 Reviews

Hole #5
Blue Tee, Par 3, 849'
Red Tee, Par 3, 735'

Hole Details says it plays flat. No Hole Tips.

Hole #5 Tee Sign
8a614b4f.jpg

Hole #5 Pro Tee
59ff7cec.jpg

Hole #5 Long Tee
be8fdf23.jpg

Hole #5 Mid-Fairway
484252dc.jpg

:hfive:

Think I threw a Wraith when there.

Longest hole on the course, huh?
R-Pro Boss.
Repeat if necessary (and it will be...) until Buzzz/Comet/Challenger seems feasible.

Like all the rest of the holes on this course, #5 plays about 10% longer than the tee sign says. (rumors are that the laser sighter was set on meters, rather than feet).

So, 781 + 80ish = 860ish. For most mortals the best strategy on this hole is to play it like a short par 5. Soooo, I often play XL, XL, comet, putt.

^this

all the holes are just a wee bit longer than the sign.

i usually throw beat pd / beat pd / buzzz or putter / putt

depending how good my first two shots are :)

Toss the teebird down the middle, then putter for the 2.

nice hole...
start with a S-TD for attempting to finish straight and in the middle.
Followup with proably a FD, then finish with pure...proably x2

Like all the rest of the holes on this course, #5 plays about 10% longer than the tee sign says. (rumors are that the laser sighter was set on meters, rather than feet).

So, 781 + 80ish = 860ish. For most mortals the best strategy on this hole is to play it like a short par 5. Soooo, I often play XL, XL, comet, putt.

Thanks but this bit of insider info isn't changing my first 3 shots... I just wanna get as far down as I can while staying on the fairways = R-Pro Boss x3'ish.

I'm going Lace off the tee, and depending on the lie, probably another Lace or pro destroyer, then hopefully only a putter to the green but probably a comet or buzzz. Challenger for hopefully a 4.

What a beautiful looking course.