• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How do you organize your discs in bag?

I do putter to driver and stability understable to overstable. Left to right.

Every bag but my Ergo
Driver/mid/putter first
Stability, OS -> US second

In the Ergo (six slots, top to bottom)
Main BH drivers, US -> OS
Putting putters
Throwing putters, US -> OS
Mids, US -> OS
Main FH drivers, US -> OS
Utility drivers, US -> OS
Testers and fun discs (front zipper pocket)

they all just get tossed in there... no particular order... I know the colors of each and pick them pretty quickly after I eye up the hole and make the decision

I start every round with every disc (14 of them) in their respected place and by the end of the day, the only discs in their original spot are the putters. And it's no guarantee that the putters will be where they should be either.

This

I use 3 sections in an older model Innova bag that hold like 30 discs depending on their size.
Extras & Understable
Mids & Stable
Overstable

My trick of keeping track of 28 discs -
I keep the discs I use the most near the dividers so I know where to look quickly. I push the less used discs to the outside edges of the bag and the very center. This way when they get slightly out of order of least to most stable in that class of discs, I am only a few discs from finding it at any given time based on the dividers as I put the one used away next to divider of the section it belongs. It also takes the stress out of making sure I put it back in the exact same spot as I see some players deal with.

It also come in handy when your bag flips off your chair and rolls down the hill...

I only carry 9-11 discs, so the system is pretty simple:

Drivers, US to OS
Midranges, OS to US
Putters in the putter pocket

Easy peasy

It also come in handy when your bag flips off your chair and rolls down the hill...

Yeah, that happens. Some people have no sense of humor. :doh:

I carry 28 discs. I have ALWAYS arranged from Highest speed (then, highest stability according to speed) in a Highest to Lowest format. Makes it way easier for my OCD brain to be able to grab the disc I need. Yes, sometimes my mids swallow my putters, but I just deal with it. :)

Imagine any three divider non-backpack bag....

Lesser used drivers in the left section. More used drivers and mids in the center section. Lesser used mids and backup putters in the right section. Primary putter(s) in the putter pocket.

That's about it.

Fade tourney with extra dividers often carted

Putter pocket 2 : circle / short putters (sexy vibram cleavage )

Left to right 9 to 14 : small gap - divider - long range drivers - divider - mids and a driving putter - divider - fairways - divider - small gap. (The end dividers add some stiffness especially if carrying a light number )

... Cart holds extras if a practice round throwing multi

I tried to organize my Fade Crunchbox Putter/Mid/Driver and US to OS in each class and my primary putters in the pocket. It usually lasted about 3 holes unless I was really trying hard between holes.

In my small bag I carry 6 putters and 2 Craves. 1 putter in the putter pocket, the Craves along the side right next to the putter pocket, and the rest of the putters just thrown in behind that.

Now that I have a Shift though, each disc has a spot, it's very well organized how it's broken up. Right now I have Drivers, Fairways, Utility from top to bottom in the center pockets and putters and mids in the outer mesh pockets.

From left to right in my Fade 3-compartment bag, 3 putters, then mids, then understable/lower grade plastic fairways and distance, then Champion/Star distance/OS drivers. Got one Lightning #3 driver in the putter pocket for some reason, haven't used it in over a year :p

From left to right I sort by stability (understable -> overstable) and the sections are sorted by distance thrown on an average pull. A firebird might be speed 9, but when thrown it doesn't go any further than my Rival, so it slots in after my Rival in the "fairway" section. Then in the "controlled distance" section right after (Speed 9 and 10 mostly) it would go Mongoose -> C-line PD with a few discs in between.

Left to right.

Putters on left, to dd's on right.

Understable to Overstable in each speed.

2 putters in the top quiver of the grip. Putting putter, and main approach putter...both Wizards.

I am very careful to keep them in the right spots. Nothing worse than grabbing a disc that should be in a slot that's the same color and throwing the wrong shot.

gripAX15 3putters up top. Main compartment putters and mids on the left side drivers middle to right. Other than that what ever driver I threw on my last shot is probably in the middle. Unless you are one of the guys who has an entire bag of discs that are the same color, the OCD arrangement of discs, in a grip, is pointless. Its easier to put discs in them towards the middle, and its just not worth it during a tourney, to worry about whether or not my discs are in perfect order.

Last edited:

Latest posts