• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How do you organize your discs in bag?

I'm a lefty so of course I do it completely backwards. Going left to right in my Voodoo Spinal Tap: Distance Drivers, Control Drivers, Fairway Drivers, Midranges and Putters (and overstable to understable within each classification). My Zero Medium Pures are in my putter pocket. And during the round they get stuffed back in wherever there is room and then need to be reorganized at the end of the round (and so I can do a headcount of the discs to make sure I'm not leaving anybody behind).

There is no real top or bottom, since the discs sit on edge in the bag, but if you consider the flight pate the "top" from the disc's perspective, my most understable putter goes on the "bottom" of the pile, being "spooned" in turn by a succession of gradually faster and more overstable discs, with the most overstable long range driver on "top". The mids and putters take up much more room in the bag than the drivers, but I have taken the dividers out of the bag, so there's no confusion there. Taking out the dividers also allows me to fit a couple of extra discs. I don't use the putter pocket.

Last edited:
distance and fairways right to left by speed. mids and throwing putters left to right by size. comet and sentinel function as a larger-diameter fence in the middle. all but my nova are orange, and that's only because I just can't find one with an orange rim in the correct weight.

they all just get tossed in there... no particular order... I know the colors of each and pick them pretty quickly after I eye up the hole and make the decision

It definitely helps to have a rainbow of colors in the bag. The people who only use a certain color of discs are missing out.

Normal bag

Putters -- mids -- fairway -- drivers

Os to Us if I'm not too lazy

It definitely helps to have a rainbow of colors in the bag. The people who only use a certain color of discs are missing out.

I used to have a mixed color bag, now it's almost entirely single color. Still just as easy to find the disc I'm looking for. They've always gone back in the same order. From left to right by stability (over-stable to under-stable), and drivers to putters.

Drivers on one side, mids and approaches on the other. Specialties in the side pockets.

Which is why I look at my discs before throwing them...

Good for you. I usually do, too, but if they're not in the right spot, every once in a great while I'll just assume I have the right disc for the job.

Feel free to tell me that it should never happen, and that I should be able to tell by feel and all that...but I know all those things. It has still happened. I like them in a certain order.

Good for you. I usually do, too, but if they're not in the right spot, every once in a great while I'll just assume I have the right disc for the job.

Feel free to tell me that it should never happen, and that I should be able to tell by feel and all that...but I know all those things. It has still happened. I like them in a certain order.

I have an orange Leopard and an orange XXX. About twice a year I'll grab an orange disc, drive with it, and have a "WTF?!??" moment.

I have an orange Leopard and an orange XXX. About twice a year I'll grab an orange disc, drive with it, and have a "WTF?!??" moment.

Yes, my "WTF" moments were when I carried a yellow DX Roc, and a matching Whippet.

I do all of mine based on speed. Fasted drivers at the front and slowest putter in the back in my putter pocket. My bag had two dividers as well so drivers to one side. Fairway drivers in the middle. And my mids and putters on the other side.

I'm definitely not missing out. Switching to a blue bag has helped me find several discs that I would have lost in another color. Red Green colorblindness doesn't help find warm colors in the underbrush, or sitting in the open grass for that matter.

The all-orange setup happened pretty organically, as I play a lot of snow golf and bright orange is pretty easy to spot when everything else is white. not sure what I'm missing out on, but rest assured that after almost 2 decades of play I have accumulated plenty of non-orange discs.

Grip bag.
Main pockets go to putters. Flap lesser used circle putter.
Left to right. High speed, Go to drivers, Fairways, Mids, drive putter.

I carry a fade crunch, so not many discs to organize in the first place...but:

2 putters in the outside pocket --> driving putters and mids in first section ---> drivers in second section.

I have an Ergo and organize things differently, top section 2 Putting putters and 2 throwing putters, next section down is the four drivers that I'll throw the most that round, usually 2 Wraiths, 1 Rival and 1 Patriot, the third section is my main 3 mids, the next section has another mid, and then one more Rival and Patriot and maybe another driving putter. The front circular pocket has my forehand discs, Firebirds and Giants. Might sound confusing, but makes sense to me

Putters on top of the Octo. In the main compartment, left facing, left to right, molds by speed from slowest to fast left to right, then stability within each mold/speed from left to right as well.

Latest posts