• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many courses did you play in your first year?

How many courses did you play in your first year?

• 1-2

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • 3-4

Votes: 26 15.6%
  • 5-6

Votes: 22 13.2%
  • 7-8

Votes: 11 6.6%
  • 9-10

Votes: 13 7.8%
  • 10-13

Votes: 13 7.8%
  • 14-17

Votes: 17 10.2%
  • 18-20

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • 20-25

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • 25+

Votes: 26 15.6%

• Total voters
I had 3 diffrent courses I played in my first year. Redwood Curtian, Pump Station 4, and Coopers Gulch.

I play about 80 courses my first year. Up over 100 now. Will hit 130 by the end of the year. I traveled a bit and quite a few road trips in the morning before work. Working second shift has it's advantages...and disadvantages.

only about three my first year. but after finding this site, i've played about a dozen new courses this summer.

Up to 7 courses!!!! Thats since June!!!! I am a newbie!!!! Love it!!!! 6 under is my best score to date!!!! Beating all my buds who have been plying for longer!!! I love it!!!!

Been playing for about 8 months and jsut played #30 today. Didn't play it well, but I played it. Hoping to hit 50 by end of year. I travel a lot for work so that helps. Subsidized travel and food really help me enjoy the new course's. Free beer at night doesn't hurt either.

Just one. It was 1984. We didn't have a whole lot of selection then. I still have the two Kitty Hawk Flyers from back then though.

Hard to tell exactly, but I'd say the number is somewhere around ten.

Sort of what was interesting was looking at my list of played courses, realizing how many of them didn't even exist back then, and that was just five years ago.

We made up a few natural target courses our first year playing because there were no 'real' courses within a few hours drive. We might have gone over to Vancouver to Queen Elizabeth park once or twice that year but it's been so long I can't recall. That was pretty much the only 'official' course in BC at that time.

one...over and over and over and over and over again :)

The first year I played, I only played one course, but the first year I had my own discs and was taking it all seriously I played about 50. That was last year, and I've played another 75+ this year.

I'll come clean, I've never played this disc golf what have you. I've been faking it all along.

My gf and I try to get out once a week to play new courses. Usually we'll go all day on a Saturday or Sunday and play 4-7 new ones. Every couple months we'll take a long weekend or a week (spring break is nice, we're both teachers) and go on a disc golfing roadtrip. Our last weekend trip we left on a Friday afternoon and got home Sunday night, and played 14 new courses along the way.

My gf and I try to get out once a week to play new courses. Usually we'll go all day on a Saturday or Sunday and play 4-7 new ones. Every couple months we'll take a long weekend or a week (spring break is nice, we're both teachers) and go on a disc golfing roadtrip. Our last weekend trip we left on a Friday afternoon and got home Sunday night, and played 14 new courses along the way.

teachers and no kids, must be nice. my wife doesnt really care, but its hard with 4 kids at home

I've played all of 9 courses in my life. I don't know how you people find the time and energy to take all these road trips. God bless you, but some of you must be independently wealthy with nothing to do. :p

I don't really remember, but I would not be surprised if I only played one that first year. Three max. I wasn't really all gung ho for disc golf when I first played.