• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many courses did you play in your first year?

How many courses did you play in your first year?

• 1-2

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • 3-4

Votes: 26 15.6%
  • 5-6

Votes: 22 13.2%
  • 7-8

Votes: 11 6.6%
  • 9-10

Votes: 13 7.8%
  • 10-13

Votes: 13 7.8%
  • 14-17

Votes: 17 10.2%
  • 18-20

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • 20-25

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • 25+

Votes: 26 15.6%

• Total voters
My last thread needed updating!

116 now, plus another dozen this weekend and a few more. I will repost on January 1st my 1 year anniversary!

My 1st year I played 3

1) Dretzka Park - Milwaukee, WI
2) Valley View Park - New Berlin, WI
3) Village Park - Sussex, WI

*A note about Valley View... I played the OLD Valley View which was far superior to what they are trying to pass it off as now. They basically took out some of the best holes & replaced them with flat crappy ones. I guess they took those out because morons acted like well... MORONS on the holes that came to close to peoples houses & the people complained. R.I.P. Old Valley View course... you are missed.

hopefully by the actual end of my first full year playing I'll have played maybe 8 courses...hopefully.

116 now, plus another dozen this weekend and a few more. I will repost on January 1st my 1 year anniversary!

I still say you're cheating if you live in the northern midwest :D

I'm still proud of my 31 in the first year (6/2006-6/2007). I think that was in 6 states (Ma, Nh, Ct, Ny, Va, & Ca and a LOT of driving...and no, I'm not counting California in that.

40 in 8 states this year. Shooting for 50 this year. Next year I'm just going to try and play better.

I honestly don't remember, but guessing 5-7 my first year.

Just started in July, and I have 11 under my belt.
I might get 2 more in before the end of this calendar year, and by July next year, I don't have any idea how many I might end up with.

I wish I would have had this site in my first years of disc golf...

Amen to that. I now have years of bad form that I just realised was bad. :doh:

Its hard to fix after all that time. Luckily I wasnt as dedicated at least until this year.

Amen to that. I now have years of bad form that I just realised was bad. :doh:

Its hard to fix after all that time. Luckily I wasnt as dedicated at least until this year.

Me too. In the last month I had some friends point out that my x-step was completely wrong. Now I have been working to fix it.:wall::doh:

the first time i started? 4.

got out of it for 8 or 9 years until last june, since then i snagged another 13 in a years time (2 more the latter half of this year)

Two 9 holers...only played a few times that year and didn't even know about the PDGA directory or DGCR for another year or so. My buddy brought me out to a dinky 9 holer(Kinder) the first time I played. I went on a business trip to St. Charles, IL and the place I stayed at(Q Center) had a 9 holer on campus and loaner discs which was awesome since I didn't have any discs or much else to do there.

I was amazed once I found the PDGA directory and that there were courses all over the place. Then after I found the DGCR I couldn't stop.

You're a little ahead of me for 2009, it wasn't my first year playing but I've played about 95 courses this year. Hopefully I can keep that up!

My mom and dad always said I could be the best at something if I put my mind to it! Maybe this is that something! Course Whoring!