• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many courses did you play in your first year?

How many courses did you play in your first year?

• 1-2

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • 3-4

Votes: 26 15.6%
  • 5-6

Votes: 22 13.2%
  • 7-8

Votes: 11 6.6%
  • 9-10

Votes: 13 7.8%
  • 10-13

Votes: 13 7.8%
  • 14-17

Votes: 17 10.2%
  • 18-20

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • 20-25

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • 25+

Votes: 26 15.6%

• Total voters
My last thread needed updating!

116 now, plus another dozen this weekend and a few more. I will repost on January 1st my 1 year anniversary!
12 in one weekend? all i want to kno is how?
get out and play one more, I played 16 my first year.
25 in year 2, only 3 so far this year.

its hard with four children at home and not many new courses near me

A dozen or more in a weekend is totally doable, the most I have in a weekend is 14, 17 if you count the ones I played on the Friday evening. 8 courses on Saturday, 6 more on Sunday.

I plan on hitting 4 or 5 on the way up from Milwaukee to MN tomorrow (I took friday off specifically so I could get some DG in on the road, and this time my wife is staying home, so i have to take advantage of that sort of opportunity). Saturday I have all day to play (hoping it stays around 30 degrees), and there are 8 new courses (to me) within 15 miles of my brothers apartment. I hope to hit them all (most are 9 holers) before going to the party. Then on the way home I hope to hit another 4 or 5 courses. So ideally I could play up to 15-18 courses over the course of 3 full days. I will have 12 hours of driving in those 3 days also though. Keep in mind or take a look at the map between Eau Claire WI and the Twin City area. Eau Claire has 3 open courses, Menomonie has 5 in the area, a couple more between Menomonie and MPLS/ST PAUL, plus the 8 courses right by my brothers apartment. It is probably more likely that I will only get to 10-12 of those courses do to the fact that I will be playing at least one of those rounds with a designer/owner of the course that I will not be able to play as quickly as I normally play. Snow will slow me down too, depending on how deep it is up there right now, but normally I will play a 9 holer alone in 30 minutes!

i played two or three, waaaaaay back when. I wasnt very serious about the sport until my 3rd or 4th year. you people who play a dozen in a weekend are insane! im jelous. :)

3 today in TX. Up to 43 this year. Don't think I can keep up this pace. Work, kids, wife. I have no chance next year. I think I'll go for more practice and less rounds in 2010.

12 rounds in a weekend is too much. I am getting way too old for that crap.

you kids just starting the sport are soooo spoiled! back in my day, we didnt have fancy websites and frilly forums to help us locate courses and link up with other local golfers.

we had to walk uphill, in the snow, both directions....:p