• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] How much money did you spend to DG this year?

New Bag -$200
New Discs -$500
Gas costs -$400 (i live close to many good courses (even within biking range), but also traveled far a few times this year)
Tournament Winnings after fees +$150 (only played 5 tournaments, won some, lost some)

Total: $950

I would say around $3000-4000. I realized that I need to have more backups this year.
Innova pro shop $900
10th anniversary Buzzzs $500 at $20 a pop
Teebirds $300
Terns First runs $300
Wizards $600 Yes that is correct.
Rocs $275
Misc. discs $500+
Grip bag $175

Last edited:
I spent around $250 on equipment. Bought a new bag and some discs. I spent $0 on events. After spending close to $400 on events (PDGA and club) in 2012, I realized that I didn't have anything to show for the money I spent. Poof, gone in the wind. I don't mind buying equipment, but I just can't stomach the idea of paying to play any more. Not while I still have a car and student loans to pay off.

Man...no real good idea. Probably paid out $700-900, but also sold a lot of that (discs, bags, etc) for at least a modest amount back. I got deep into changing manufacturers/discs in 2013. I hope I'm past that stage.

thinking about this is hurting my head
i refuse to add it up
my wife might find/figure it out
and that wouldnt be good
same here my friend. 31 total tournaments plus gas, hotel, food, discs, etc.

yikes! get to do it all over again this year if i'm lucky. it was so much fun!

In 2005, average green fees for ball golf were $36. That's probably up to at least $45 by now. So, for every $1,000 I spend on disc golf, it's the equivalent of ball golfing 22 times. Which of course does not account for equipment, with balls being a consumable commodity.

On top of that, I play $9 for a sixer instead of paying out the wazoo for drinks on the course or at the 19th hole.

Discraft starter set: 25$
Z nuke x2: 26$
Surge: 12$
Stalker: 13$
Flash: 13$
Crank: 15$
Ion: 17$
Nuke OS: 13$
Force: 9$
Aviar x3: 21$
River: 15$
Drone: 13$
Volt: 15$
Shock: 15$
Meteor: 15$
Prometheus: 14$
Innova deluxe bag: 39$

TOTAL OF $290 Not bad for a first year ;)

A moderate amount. Earlier in the year I spent way more, but I definitely curtailed my spending to almost $0 these last few months (minus VIP SS). I bought a basket, but I sold my trumpet that covered that, so I don't consider that expense. If I had to put a dollar amount, probably $200-$300?

Used GRIP $160
Discs $240
Gas/Carpooling $200

So about $600 total. Still better than what I would pay for club membership at the local course, without greens fees and balls. Not too shabby.

man i don't know i sell a lot and by big lots so probably

2,000 is a guess. but i also probably sold 2,000 too so basically the Post office is getting rich off me.

Ugh, I just went through my paypal and the online stores I use and its looking like right around $2900 for discs, $160 for a new Mahal, 7 tourneys totalling roughly $900(MT is a big state, closest Tourney out of my town is 2 hrs), and with league dues & discs that I gave away to leauges probly another $150 so that leaves me at around $4200 for the year...resolution for 2014...don't spend that much...also to figure out what phase 2 is so i can sit back and enjoy the 3rd phase...profits.

I didn't keep track so I couldn't be mad at myself. Over $1000 easily but I hope less than $2000. That's not including tournaments or postage. Not a lot of travel since I only played out of state when I was already traveling there. Beyond that just several trips to the eisenhower state lake course. If I include tourneys, postage, and gas it will go over the $2k mark.

I was actually just thinking about this when I saw my account on DGC showing I've spent$500 just on that site in the last 2 years. This year alone, I got about $300 in discs, got the DD Ranger for $150, and a Liberty basket for another $300... then you gotta get into the $250 in tourneys......

I'm depressed now... better but some more discs....:\

made a ton of friends, and improved my health (if not my weight, yet). So, compared to a gym membership or a quality piece of exercise equipment, I think it was a fair trade off. Had tons of fun, anyway! :p

you are a genius, this makes it almost free :hfive:

Maybe $100. But if you count the discs I finally sold I might have made $500. I have settled on a most of my discs at this point, and realize the latest wizz bang, super beaded, gyro-glidtastic disc won't make me any better. I just buy better beer now. :D

Latest posts