• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I bought someone's Ace disc

CrowLegs

Eagle Member
Premium Member
I was in PIAS in Cincinnati a few weeks ago, looking at the used stuff. I came across a nice beat up disc, turned it over and saw three recorded Aces from a local course. There's a name and some other ink, but no number.

I bought the disc, hoping I could return it to the owner, assuming it was not them that turned this in for a buck or two.

So, if you or someone you know lost their Ace disc, reply here or PM me with some details about it so I can believe it's yours. I'll be happy to get it back to you.

I'd be happy to be on the other side of this if I'd lost any disc, let alone one with three aces!

Usually if a person doesn't write down contact information on their disc I don't bother searching for them when I find their disc. It's not worth my time.

I only make an exception for ace discs. So far I've been able to locate (through PDGA/Social Media spy work) every owner of ace discs and returned them.

See if you can find that name playing local PDGA events or on Facebook if the aces written on the back are from local courses.

I have an ace disc floating around out there somewhere that I would like back, it's not this one, just one ace on mine.

I've sold all but one of my ace discs. My first one is the only one with any real sentimental value to me.

I was playing a local course a few years back and a guy tossed a couple of multi ace discs at us and told us to keep them. He said he'd turn them over and roll them the way he's throwing now, but that they would be perfect for us. I felt skeevy throwing someone else's multi ace discs though. Gave them away first chance I got.

I am a shopper of used discs.
Let's just say that the local PIAS knows me by name...

I have purchased two used discs from them with Aces. So I called the numbers and both said that the discs were sold and they did'nt want them back. Felt better knowing that they weren't pining away looking for them.

yeah i have never been one to worry about ace dics for some reason.. never written them down on my discs,etc. i do have one with three but still throw it.. the others dont really remember i know i dont have most of them lol .. but my thinking is if it got one ace might as well keep throwing the crap out of it till its gone .. but hella nice gesture i know some are very sentimental .. like cubby i remember a video of him showing his stacks of cubby ace discs and half were ce firechickens that he said he would never thrown again ... :doh:

I've never had to worry about losing my ace discs. I don't have any. :wall:

After I had my bag stolen I luckily ran into the guys who took it 4 months later, and their friend brought my bag back. Everything was there except for my bar stamp buzzz with 2 aces, and my esp zone with an ace recorded the day before the bag was stolen. I still hope to find those discs.

Man I was hoping the OP was from Texas! I have bought my own disc back from PIAS before (had name and number), so I had visions of it happening again. I lost an ace disc last spring, a Ti Buzzz, playing a safari hole with my Dad and brother. So frustrating.

So if anybody finds it at Wolf Pen Creek Park in College Station, TX holla at me!

After I had my bag stolen I luckily ran into the guys who took it 4 months later, and their friend brought my bag back. Everything was there except for my bar stamp buzzz with 2 aces, and my esp zone with an ace recorded the day before the bag was stolen. I still hope to find those discs.

Please tell me there is more to this story?

TBH, I don't ever see myself paying for a disc and then calling to see if someone wants it back. You really went above and beyond.

I guess I don't really have the same nostalgic view of discs as some people. I mark my discs, but I don't even put my name/number on them. If I lose them, they are gone. I don't worry about getting them back. I work on finding a replacement.

I lost my sole Ace disc in Victoria, annoying when I hit the shot perfectly but had no spotter...bah. My go to disc at the time as well.

Latest posts