• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I May be high.....

Billym

Eagle Member
I have a lot of DX Ros in various stages of wear; some real worn. These days I am not using beat Rocs as much as I used to. These days I am using my seasoned Wizards and FR Makos for my straight and turnover slots. It's working really well for my game. The Rocs I throw or want are all pretty stable 180g Ranchos in Star and Champion or new DX.

I'm thinking of dumping all my used DX Ranchos and any Star Sannys and Ontarios I have. I will make a post in FS&T if I do.

But I feel a bit guilty. anyone else finding the same thing?

One of the top dogs around these parts has made the switch from seasoned rocs to the mako and is having great success with it. About the only time he throws a roc is if he needs the added stability.

I only recently tried out a Star Mako, and was very impressed. It had a super gummy Star plastic that wasn't stiff. I could easily get it on a flat line, as well-as controlled hyzer and anhyzer lines. I almost aced the first hole I threw it on (8A-right position at DeLa).

So you've got a proverbial "box of Rocs" and you want to get rid of them, but feel some pangs about it. Forget it, man, disc technology is moving along with mid-range discs, and there are now a lot of great choices out there...use what works for you, and evolve.

i know how you feel...made the switch to the buzzz and have a stack of 12+ rocs getting dusty. we've had a good couple years together, don't have the heart to get rid of them.

Mako = Innova's version of the Buzzz :)

Both are great discs, get them and get rid of the Rocs :)

The mako has for the most part replaced my Roc for all straight/anny shots. I can throw touch s-shots, huge annys, sweeping hyzer and really anything except a spike hyzer(thats for the champ roc). A lot of players in my club have started using the roc/mako combo with great success. They make a great pair when used properly. I have about nice amount of used dx/kc roc's that probably need to be sold off. most of them were broken in for anny shots, but the mako has replaced the need for them.

The FR Makos are definitely the best around. Flat, stiff, and slightly stable out of the box. The star stamped Mako(w/o a big dome) break in fairly quickly and I use them for my anny mid. the champs are insanely domey and the most stable mako. I have a couple but they rarely make the bag. It suck's that the last run of star mako's had the high dome like the champ, hopefully this won't happen again. Also the echo star makos are worth looking into. They have a slight dome and fly just a tad more stable than the flat FR and Star stamped.

edit: mods how about a thread rename for mako lovers?