• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] I need a Brick

Brockness Monster

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn
I am in dire need of a disc that will drop out of the air. I am willing to work past my aversion to beads on this disc as long as it does what I need it to do. It should have low speed, no glide, plenty of HSS, but I am not worried about LSS as long as it doesn't get tossed by the wind very much. I would also like to be able to FH it comfortably. Some discs I have been thinking about:

Kastaplast Berg
RDG Scale
Innova Pig
Innova Rhyno
Hyzer Bomb Tank

Any other suggestions are welcome, just keep in mind that I don't want anything that will glide.

No bead? RDG Serpent. It's got plenty of HSS, little fade, and no bead (has lower wing from the Magic).

The Birdie is another good choice.

RDG Stego, but if you are looking for something that isn't also a total meathook maybe a DX gator? I haven't thrown the L64 Caltrop in a while so I don't remember the glide much.

Have you considered a Crosslap Credo? That thing is golden and super dependable.

My fear with the Stego is that it will spike down and roll. How good is the fossil plastic?

Fossil is incredibly good. My favorite baseline plastic. Firm, gritty, and pretty durable. So, if you're worried about the stego just being too OS, a couple other discs I would recommend would be a Berg, or a Harp. Harp's glide a little though.

As far as discs I've thrown, I'd say a flat topped (CFR or hot water and flat surface) champ rhyno bricks pretty reliably. High HSS, very little fade considering. They don't have much ground play thanks to the nature of the mold it seems.

Also as mentioned previously the Caltrop is very brickish. It would seem that a thumbtrack is a good way to go for this type of disc.

Gateway Warspear is high speed stable, no bead , doesn't glide much and sits well when it hits..

Another plug for the Caltrop. I use mine constantly.

Fossil is incredibly good. My favorite baseline plastic. Firm, gritty, and pretty durable. So, if you're worried about the stego just being too OS, a couple other discs I would recommend would be a Berg, or a Harp. Harp's glide a little though.

How would you say the fossil compares to PWP??