• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] I need a Brick

71PIePpnwGL._SL1133_.jpg

This is in my bag for this purpose

I prefer to backhand my Metal Flake (beaded), but forehand is way more comfortable with the beadless stars.

Back in the day I used to throw a Gateway Demon for this purpose, at the time there was nothing else like it. I would get a lot of "what was that?!?" comments when it would practically barrel roll from overstability. Would still be a good option.

Just to throw another option out there, the Innova Cro is pretty bricky. It was one of my first midranges and I got tired of it because it wouldn't go anywhere. I think. It's been a while.

Also it's not as OS asmost of what everyone else is throwing out.

I love my rhyno for this, pretty glidless and a workable stability. Holds up great in the wind. I carry a stego for super OS but rarely need it... good for tight flex lines and stupid OS utility

I also own an eraser scale. Similar stability as the rhyno but I find it a touch faster and glidier, so it doesn't get much use.

What kind of plastic should I be checking out if I were to get one?

I have Zero Hard. It sits down well but if you are looking something stickier/softer, Zero Medium or Soft. I like the relative durability of the Hard as I am often using it for spike hyzers and stuff where it impacts the ground pretty hard.

There are a lot of good options in this slot now, you have the very slow ones like the Stego that is so OSit doesn't even really fade, Scale that has a slow hooking fade, Serpent that just goes straight and runs out of gas. Mortar, Anvil, Justice, Gator if you like a midrange like brick.

Harp, Caltrop and Slammer if you want a Swedish brick.

I bag a Harp and Stego for different shots, both good bricks.

There are a lot of good options in this slot now, you have the very slow ones like the Stego that is so OSit doesn't even really fade, Scale that has a slow hooking fade, Serpent that just goes straight and runs out of gas. Mortar, Anvil, Justice, Gator if you like a midrange like brick.

So many options it is hard to ferret out the one that is right for me. When you talk about the Stego, are you saying that it doesn't fade so it will land flat, or it doesn't fade because it basically hooks right off the bat?

I think I am going to end up picking up a Scale, Caltrop, Rhyno and Berg and trying all 4 out, but I am going to wait until the weekend and do some research on a couple more of these discs. There are a couple that I never knew existed.

Sparkle Breaker and the new Westside Anvil might be worth a look too. The Jokerii used to be popular for this also. The Breaker is my brick but admittedly these kinds of discs are really afoul of my style so I don't consider myself a brick expert. The Justice for example is such a brick I had a lot of trouble finding uses for it on my local courses.

So many options it is hard to ferret out the one that is right for me. When you talk about the Stego, are you saying that it doesn't fade so it will land flat, or it doesn't fade because it basically hooks right off the bat?

I think I am going to end up picking up a Scale, Caltrop, Rhyno and Berg and trying all 4 out, but I am going to wait until the weekend and do some research on a couple more of these discs. There are a couple that I never knew existed.

It's an odd flight. It will go straightish until it runs out of steam and then just dive to the ground.

Just slightly break in a Putt'r in Soft X plastic. The disc will have the top concave in and loose the flight it should have. Just warning the Putt'r can take quite a bit of power.

Have you tried the disc called the brick?

The New one is made of a Champion like plastic that is floppier then any other plastic on the market even the Steady Ed specialty putter plastic. Reminds me of the old supreme plastic for the Ching (that was one of the first premium type plastics in 1999) only floppier. My dad has one in sky blue color though the blue is color is coming off the disc. The disc is now garbage best use is as a dog toy. The rest of the Disc also made only in a Champion plastic are not bad, the Wheel is not being made anymore but they still sell the illegal Turbo Putt. The disc are sold only on Amazon. Just look up Quest AT Disc Golf Discs.