• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

i need to throw farther.

discer47463

Hi I'm a 20 year old guy from Iowa and I always here about the guys throwing drives 400+ feet. but I can't seem to get 300 feet the farthest I throw flat land is 300 with a leopard. My beast won't fly that far. What's wrong with me? I so the x step run up I pull my ARM back farther than almost everyone I know. I have a good snap why can't I throw far? Help me please.

video?

edit: and this would probably be better in the technique section maybe...if a mod would care to move it

Field practice. I did it today just to learn some new discs I've worked in the bag but it's how I built a pattern in my form and gained the strength to find distance. Keep working at it and you will find it too.

Buy an Ape.

OK, really, read the stickies in the technique section, they have some good stuff. Read, learn, practice, and don't think you will be throwing 400'+ in a few weeks, it will take a while.

Well that's the thing I have perfect form just guess I wasn't meant to throw far.

Bull chit. You think you have perfect form.
an 8 year old girl with only decent form can throw 250

you know what, if you think you have perfect form then you will not listen to our advice, so why bother?

Last edited:
I've been playing 21 years and I threw all OAT at 400' max after 20 years of practice. This year I broke 400' by doing what? IMPROVING MY FORM!!!

I lol'd.

Perfect form and maxing at 300'?

You are aware a 13 year old boy threw well over 600' and still didn't have perfect form right?

I only recently started hitting about 325-350ft. When I do that I know there's stuff I'm still doing wrong. Just keep playing as much as possible. I recommend either fields, or open courses. I've played a lot of open courses recently and I feel having that further away target can really help sometimes.

Oat monster maxing you out at 300'?
0060-0807-1220-5847_A_Beat_Up_Man_Waving_the_White_Flag_of_Surrender_clipart_image-253x300.jpg