• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to clear up your comment

First you are right its pro.

But there is no 1.12 QPLS...just PLS runs with CE blend. They show up in 1.12-1.13 M-PLS runs. But not all 1.12-1.13 are CE. in fact they are all just a CE-pro blend. They actually don't show any added durability or stability associated with true CE

Now there are true CE era QPLS. These are from a 2003 CFR run. They show up in a handful of Texas tourney events circa 2003. They can be found with Mill bar stamps and a Waterloo club stamp. They also have recently been mixed in with the new stock runs of QPLS. Mainly in 160-169 weights, heavies are long gone. The plastic resembles the old opaque KC "CE" stuff.

And that's the history of the CE Polaris.
Thank you. I knew someone with more knowledge than myself would post more precise and correct info. That's one of the reasons this site is so great. :thmbup:

I picked up a cactus stamp Cyclone (white disc, red stamp) at PIAS yesterday. Did Discraft make cactus stamp Cyclones in anything but Tourney Pro? I have a rainbow stamped one, but the plastic on it feels different, very smooth. This one feels almost chalky. It doesn't appear to be Elite Pro - I have an MRX in that and it is smoother than my smooth Cyclone.

Chalky? Tournament Pro was super-chalky. We used to call the resin on Tournament Pro discs "Cyclone dust."

Any info on this disc? I don't know the mold(leaning towards old mold Beast) or any background on the stamp. Sorry for the phunky pics. Thanks...

68195_lg.jpg

Looks like it might be a pearly Orc to me. Kinda hard to tell from the angle, but the wing seems to have that shape to me.

Any words for this pearly Crush? 173g (scaled) 8/10
Just picked it outta the BB at PIAS for 6 bucks.

Attachments

• perlcrus_1342628402364.jpg
    perlcrus_1342628402364.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 10
what's the story of this roc?

So I won this roc at a tourney not too long ago. The stamp says "C.R. Open 2001." The back says "Innova - Champion Discs Rancho Cucamonga CA." As far as the profile goes, this is the flattest roc I have seen. What type of roc is this?

Attachments

• Washington-20120718-00022.jpg
    Washington-20120718-00022.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 23
  • Washington-20120718-00023.jpg
    Washington-20120718-00023.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Washington-20120718-00025.jpg
    Washington-20120718-00025.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 13
So I won this roc at a tourney not too long ago. The stamp says "C.R. Open 2001." The back says "Innova - Champion Discs Rancho Cucamonga CA." As far as the profile goes, this is the flattest roc I have seen. What type of roc is this?

I believe its just an old flat rancho roc

Any info on this disc? I don't know the mold(leaning towards old mold Beast) or any background on the stamp. Sorry for the phunky pics. Thanks...

68890_lg.jpg

68195_lg.jpg

I think your spot on with the beast, looks identical to my barrys with the 2003 stamp

^^^ Cool thanks everyone. I guess it is a Clearwater stamp on a Old mold Beast.

Help with identifying a disc

I found a star boss recently with no name, number, or identification whatsoever. The stamp says Gale Vaughn Memorial from July 19, 2009. Can anyone give me any extra info on this?

nothing special, its value is going to be based on conditon, but its not worth more than new.

whats the deal with the glow bar stamp buzzz ???? how many where made? is it worth the same as normal barstamps or more less??? anyone know anything at about it .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts