• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Idio Syncrasy Disc Golf Shoe

Pebble watch refunded it's last kickstarter after fitbit bought them and pulled the rug out from under Pebble. At least I got my money back.

In that case, the entire project was cancelled. In this case, the project isn't being cancelled, it's just that some people won't get shoes because they won't be making their size. Hopefully, those folks will get their money refunded....but I could see the company saying...we will give you other merchandise instead.

In that case, the entire project was cancelled. In this case, the project isn't being cancelled, it's just that some people won't get shoes because they won't be making their size. Hopefully, those folks will get their money refunded....but I could see the company saying...we will give you other merchandise instead.
That would be a sure fire way for the company to fail before they even ship out the shoes but i guess time will tell.

Shill gonna shill

I will say this, during the salient debacle I was pretty up front about reviving discs, hyping them up, receding the bag, rinse and repeat, I don't know how else to prove I'm not part of the company other than telling you I haven't even seen the shoes in person or tried them on etc, I'm buying into the kickstarter and that will be my first experience with them.

I know for a fact the owner is in no way affiliated with salient. That said I understand your skepticism especially coming from me. That said in regards to Nate, he has worn the shoes since receiving them and you can see them in the homes practice rounds videos he's part of. He hasn't worn a different shoe since.

So if they aren't sponsored (yet) is this like a job interview?

So if they aren't sponsored (yet) is this like a job interview?

Good question and I'm honestly not sure, evidently they did a commercial with Nate so I guess it's like a pre sponsorship I guess? The kickstarter is fully funded so when the company takes off I'm sure that will become more clear in the future

My take: seems legit, but uphill struggle and I'll wait until beta testing is up. We really need disc shoes tho.

Why?

In my opinion, no we don't. I have played ball golf and agree that ball golf shoes are needed. When I swing the club, my feet are staying, basically, in one place. I need my shoes to grip the ground and sneakers, etc. don't grip the ground, they slide which affects my swing. With disc golf, I don't need my feet to stay in one place - that would be bad. My feet need to be able to move and pivot. Pretty much any shoe can provide that. A bit of traction is good for when I walk from lie to lie. The main things I look for in a disc golf shoe are:

'lastability' I want them to last longer than a couple of months.
toe protection. I don't want the toe area wearing out too quickly
ankle support. With my foot pivoting, I don't want my ankles hurt.

With those main three 'must haves'...almost any shoe works. Hiking and basketball shoes give the best ankle support, but I get other shoes due to the weight...a hiking sneaker is the best for me.

My take: seems legit, but uphill struggle and I'll wait until beta testing is up. We really need disc shoes tho.

Not necessarily need but there's definitely an opening in the market for them, if they're done right. There isn't a shoe I have found that fits my wants and needs 100%, there has always been some sort of compromise somewhere.

But do we?

iu

Perhaps not everyone has the same foot gear needs. Here are some of mine when chucking circles:

1. I sometimes drag my left toe. I've worn out three sets of sneakers doing this. Only left toe is shredded.

2. I find myself on uneven footing--say, a mushy slope and I need to throw an awkward standstill--and I need traction. In these circumstances, cleats or spikes would be ideal. (I'm not saying this is the answer, just the need)

3. Concrete tee pad--I want some gummy sticky, low profile soles that are like Michelin Blizzaks on snow if the tee pad is wet.

4. Comfort--gonna be walking a ton

During one of the Jomez videos of the Preserve (I'm pretty sure it was that one - I watched too many in the last few days)....Big Jerm brings up the shoes since there was an ad for them....and he made some comment about them to which Nate said something like (I forget exact wording) just wait until they come out and you'll be wearing them (or wanting to wear them)....

Anyways...it sounded like Nate was really excited and supportive of them. If he didn't wear them at Ledgestone, maybe they were wet or something.

Idio"t"

Ooh ooh I wanna take:

So, just this year I decided to ditch my adidas terrex and try regular lowcut pureboost (ultraboost-like) on the course....well what do you know?...lighter...more comfortable... AND better footwork...yup

I'm finding I only need a waterproof hiker or the like when it's muddy or raining....

Outside of that, disc golf courses are becoming increasingly more manicured. Most disc golfers only play in fair to good conditions anyway, and can wear their regular kicks. This Idio shoe has absolutely no need BUT plenty of noobs are ready to open their wallet for a dumb looking shoe. Especially if Sexton/Jerm says it "KOOL".

So yeh, rock on...Sexton signature Idiot shoe??? Why not? People are ready to spend on anything disc golf related right now. Bushnell has a $20 Bluetooth speaker for $80 or 5 payments of $50.

I think shoes are super important to real disc golfers.

If I'm throwing in a field for practice, I'm perfectly happy throwing in my leather boat shoes with thin flat sole.

But, the courses I play have varying terrain. Some steep up and down hills with rocks and loose pebbles that like to roll if not careful. This is where I turn to hikers. Great traction. Also important on the tee pad if it is a little damp and some ability wade in water of a few inches at minimum.

If I didn't have to worry about the trek between holes or rough terrain on the holes, then something low profile, light, sleek would be great.

I'll stick with my hiking boots for the places I play.

I think shoes are super important to real disc golfers.

If I'm throwing in a field for practice, I'm perfectly happy throwing in my leather boat shoes with thin flat sole.

But, the courses I play have varying terrain. Some steep up and down hills with rocks and loose pebbles that like to roll if not careful. This is where I turn to hikers. Great traction. Also important on the tee pad if it is a little damp and some ability wade in water of a few inches at minimum.

If I didn't have to worry about the trek between holes or rough terrain on the holes, then something low profile, light, sleek would be great.

I'll stick with my hiking boots for the places I play.

Tell that to Calvin. What he wears can barely be considered shoes at this point. Glorified socks basically.

I don't actually disagree with you, but it is like everything else, very personal.

Tell that to Calvin. What he wears can barely be considered shoes at this point. Glorified socks basically.

I don't actually disagree with you, but it is like everything else, very personal.

I guess I didn't say it right—I agree 100% that it is personal. That was my point. That's why it's difficult to make a DG shoe.

I need something very different from what Calvin needs.

Latest posts