• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

If you had to pick just one Cincinnati course…

gcoghill

Birdie Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
I'm down in Louisville for the weekend working and planned an extra day to get home so I could play some courses. I played Iroquois here in Louisville today, and will be playing Charlie Vettiner tomorrow afternoon.

I'm going to get up early Monday and play Severin Lang in KY, then head to Cincinnati. Based on other threads here, I was leaning towards Lincoln Ridge, but of course Mt. Airy comes highly rated too. And I see Osage Grove mentioned a lot.

I think Idlewild will be too much for a second course in the same day and a 4-hour drive afterwards. Of course, I can be swayed otherwise. But I'm more of a recreational/casual player. No big arm here. Just looking for a cool, fun course. Scenery, seclusion and fun is high on the priority list. Lincoln Ridge seems to be mentioned a lot with "fun".

I could even be convinced to play two Cincinnati courses in one day. I'm not sure when I'll be down here again. Definitely not again this year. I'll make two happen if there's enough agreement that it would be foolish to just play one.

Depending on how Sunday goes, I might be able to hit both remaining Louisville courses on Sunday, leaving Monday wide open for that second Cincy round.

In fact, as I type this I'm now considering waking up early Sunday and playing one of the Louisvile courses before the work event starts, and the other Louisville course after work wraps up…

Still, I'm curious what the suggestions would be if I had to pick just one.

FWIW - I've played Cincy's "Big 4," and while you can't lose picking any of them, I simply loved Mt Airy. IMHO, it has the best combo of challenge, fun factor, and aesthetic beauty. I realize I'm probably in the minority, but its my favorite of the bunch. That said, it probably has a lot to do with the pins positions when you play.... I played Airy with pins in the "C" (long) position.

Last edited:
I think you'll enjoy the holes at Lincoln Ridge better than the others but it's almost always crowded. Mt Airy has the pro shop which is fantastic. Osage would also be a great choice.

It's a tough call and I have no idea about your game but I'd give a slight nudge to Lincoln Ridge because it's that fun to play.

For a recreational to casual player, Lincoln Ridge is a MUST, especially when the weather is like this. The other three (Idlewild, Mt Airy and Osage Grove) are definitely must-play courses for tournament-level players Intermediate and above, if that makes sense...
If I only had time for one course in Louisville, it'd be Seviren Lang. Charlie Vettiner is nice, and they are similar in challenge level, but Seviren Lang just has something extra.
Seviren Lang and Lincoln Ridge are in my top 20 Favorited courses out of 283 played so far. :D

If you want...
Fun: Lincoln Ridge - it really is a modern day deuce course
Beatdown: Idlewild
Great mix of the two: Osage Grove
Terrific amenities and a very challenging 18: Mt. Airy

Last edited:
Sounding like Lincoln Ridge will be my for-sure course. I'm torn on Mt. Airy and Osage if I have time for a second round.

I slept in today so all depends on how many courses I can hit later today. If work wraps early, and I can hit both Louisville courses today, my choices will be slightly easier tomorrow!

Thanks for the help guys.

For a recreational to casual player, Lincoln Ridge is a MUST, especially when the weather is like this. The other three (Idlewild, Mt Airy and Osage Grove) are definitely must-play courses for tournament-level players Intermediate and above, if that makes sense...
If I only had time for one course in Louisville, it'd be Seviren Lang. Charlie Vettiner is nice, and they are similar in challenge level, but Seviren Lang just has something extra.
Seviren Lang and Lincoln Ridge are in my top 20 Favorited courses out of 283 played so far. :D

Severin Lang is my must-play course. But since I'm unlikely to be down this way again anytime soon, I figured I'd play both and do a second Cincy trip if need be since it's closer to me.

Good to know on your top 20 inclusions.

Sounding like Lincoln Ridge will be my for-sure course. I'm torn on Mt. Airy and Osage if I have time for a second round.

Different type of layouts but you will be glad you played either one. The pro shop at Airy is nice so if that's an interest to you that would be the tipping point.

I was able to get both Vettiner and Severin courses played today, so I'm definitely hitting two Cincinnati courses tomorrow. Right now the plan is Lincoln Ridge and Mt. Airy. Osage is kinda-sorta on the way home, so I'm tempted to hit that of my legs are up for it and I get up early enough tomorrow.

Thanks again for the input everyone.

fyi if you do get out to Osage Grove...just played there this afternoon & noted they have all but one (15) of the short baskets positions in play. Usually it's set in tourney difficult (longs), but it's refreshing to get more deuces for a change. If you're thinking of reviewing it, as you walk between holes, you'll be able to spot the long positions on 1,4,5,6,10,11 & 18 to see how much more difficult those holes are. The other longs come on 2,3,7(!),16 & 17.

I'll be out on the road earlier than anticipated today so as long as my legs hold out it'll be on the itinerary.

A quick recap: I ended up playing Lincoln Ridge, Mt. Airy and Osage Grove today. Lincoln Ridge is now in my top 5 (and probably top 3), and I'm really glad you guys encouraged me to go to Osage Grove as it was an excellent course that I would have overlooked due to the undeservedly low rating it currently has. Definitely one of the better courses I've played.

I wasn't too keen on Mt. Airy. The pro shop was of course awesome (and got to meet DGCR member Shawn there), but I'm not a fan of the "ring around the roads" style of disc golf course. I like to be out away from civilization. I will say that the local players take serious pride in their course and there were a lot of people playing. That was cool to see.

Thank again for all the help, made for a great day of disc golf today.

Now… sleep!