• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan Members (Part III)

Its fun....not my kinda golf. Putter course, maybe a mid here and there

.......paging dave242 to explain why this course is a 5 :|

lol, I had it in my wishlist. I am guessing this is the best course you can get to with public transport from chicago?

Does anyone know what time #8 tees off his random dubs league at KLM tonight?

I'm trying to figure out if I have a shot at making it to the course after I get off work at 5PM.

lol, I had it in my wishlist. I am guessing this is the best course you can get to with public transport from chicago?

Depends on how much time and effort you want to spend using the trains and busses, there are a bunch of courses you can get to if those aren't an issue. Campton is one of the most fun putter courses I've ever played, no length but great variety of short shots with elevation and reasonably tight lanes.

Depends on how much time and effort you want to spend using the trains and busses, there are a bunch of courses you can get to if those aren't an issue. Campton is one of the most fun putter courses I've ever played, no length but great variety of short shots with elevation and reasonably tight lanes.

that sounds good. I really enjoy those courses personally. Places with a lot of distance isn't really my thing, but i respect it and understand it.

The 2 Lombard courses aren't too far from the Metra station. KLM in Hinsdale would be a bit of a walk from the station (1.5 miles or more), but it's a good course for the area.

Unless there's a train that I don't know about, Campton Hills is nowhere near a station. Maybe you could take a train than a bus, but it is definitely not near Metra. There isn't even a station in St. Charles.

The 2 Lombard courses aren't too far from the Metra station. KLM in Hinsdale would be a bit of a walk from the station (1.5 miles or more), but it's a good course for the area.

Unless there's a train that I don't know about, Campton Hills is nowhere near a station. Maybe you could take a train than a bus, but it is definitely not near Metra. There isn't even a station in St. Charles.

You can also get to Fink and Watts in the north suburbs with a walk from the metra stations, but neither of those are worth going out of your way to play.

Hey all. There's a new guy on DGCR that has started a thread called "Can't control a disc". He has just started playing DG with his dad. They are trying to learn with vids and questions here. I told him he needs to find someone to help him out a little in person. He has been playing at Lippold in Crystal Lake. I can't get there, but I know someone here can step up and give a very interested newbie some help, yeah? Maybe even a beat up mid or two? His user name is Seppi. Thanks in advance. And spread the love! I can mail a beat Wasp if needed.

that sounds good. I really enjoy those courses personally. Places with a lot of distance isn't really my thing, but i respect it and understand it.

We do random draw dubs at wheeler park in Geneva on Wednesdays at 545....i m not sure where the train station is in Geneva, but it can't be too far, the course is only 3 blocks north from downtown.

I'm looking for players in the north west suburbs. I live in Lake in the Hills and have never played with someone who knows what they are doing, currently the 2 guys I play with use drivers for every throw. So it's frustrating because I'm working on getting better at the game and they are putting with a Wraith.

So it'd be great to find some people to play some rounds with. I do work a lot but would like to play once a week.

If you ever make the drive to, say, Rogers Lakewood or Lemon Lake Weyums, I'd be glad to throw a round with you (although I wouldn't say "I know what I'm doing" necessarily, lol).

How far are you willing to travel, Weyums? I occasionally/rarely play at the Buffalo Grove courses.

Doubles play is a good way to meet a broader spectrum of players. Nearest to you would be Lippold in Crystal Lake, 5:00 Monday afternoons. There's also handicapped singles play at Indian Oaks in Marengo Saturday mornings at 9:00.

If you ever make the drive to, say, Rogers Lakewood or Lemon Lake Weyums, I'd be glad to throw a round with you (although I wouldn't say "I know what I'm doing" necessarily, lol).

I'm not sure were those places are..,

But I'm willing to travel 30 or 40 minutes...

What is doubles play, obviously pairs of two play.

^Usually doubles is random partners playing best shot. Best shot means that each of the partners throw and the team picks the best lie to use. This process repeats until the hole is complete. These events are usually fairly casual. They can be a good opportunity to learn from better players.

Its fun....not my kinda golf. Putter course, maybe a mid here and there

.......paging dave242 to explain why this course is a 5 :|

My review explains why I rate it a 5.0.

On DGCR's rating scale it is not a 5.0, but on my scale it is. However, DGCR's scale is simply an average of every reviewers' "my scale"....so all scales are perfectly valid (provided people are honestly consistent in their rating scales).

Latest posts