• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan Members (Part III)

For some reason I was under the assumption that the course being designed there will be 18 holes. Is it really just going to be 9 holes? There is more than enough land in that park for 18.

Yes the back 9 is designed and brushing has started with a completion
date targeted for early 2016 . That was on the site also

Got it... Then why create a course entry on DGCR for a 9 hole course?

Because it's open for play, and the back 9 might not be completed till 2016. It is still a work in progress but what the course needs is people playing it and "beating" it in a little.

I don't see why only have 9 holes should stop it from being on here...

I don't see why only have 9 holes should stop it from being on here...

I don't know all the details, but it isn't easy to work on a course when people are playing it, but if that was a real concern they wouldn't have put the baskets in in the first place

Hopefully the 9er will be extincted so the reviews don't carry over.

I think the Palatine course should receive this treatment as well. The addition of the second 9 plus the new, wider mowing pattern has fundamentally changed the course. Reviews from the old days of 9 holes and 20' wide fairways don't reflect the current state of the course.

Should it really matter? Kinda curious myself as I'm in a similar situation out in Rochelle. We're nine at the moment but have started clearing for a second nine to be open sometime next year and will potentially have a third nine in 2017. Course rating as a nine will be a bit lower but it'll even out over time with the expansions.

Should it really matter? Kinda curious myself as I'm in a similar situation out in Rochelle. We're nine at the moment but have started clearing for a second nine to be open sometime next year and will potentially have a third nine in 2017. Course rating as a nine will be a bit lower but it'll even out over time with the expansions.

Nah, not really. But the full course will be rated lower probably. That's about it.

Really enjoyed Eagle Ridge/Civic Center, today pretty fun course.

Played 50 Acre, Channy, and Highland yesterday...all pretty good.

Cubbies today (hope they get to hoist the "W" flag).
Couldn't ask for a nicer day weather wise.. :thmbup:

Doubles leagues are starting at Bevier Park this sunday @10am. A few of the holes will be temp island holes changing every week, so that will be cool. $6, $1 for ctp/ace pool

Illinois State Doubles Championship is back at Pine Hills 10/25
more info: www.danadiscgolf.com or search facebook event: Illinois State Doubles Championship or visit the tournament page on here.
Thanks