• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Atlas (Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you)

That said, there are three or four MVP fans on here who are a bit over the top and annoy even me and I like MVP.

This. Exactly this. There are plenty of legitimate reasons to like mvp (and dislike Innova), but things like Gyro (or the lack thereof) are not very far up my list. I think they make the best product that gives me the best results, but I don't think that my Volt will do something that a (insert stable/moderately os control driver here) can't.

For example: I haven't heard of a Volt/Amp/FR Shock surpassing the highwater distance mark set by either the Teebird or the XL. I'm not saying that Volt isn't capable of being thrown as far as a Teebird, just that there isn't a glaring, proven distance advantage. I would say the same of practical golf distance too.

There also isn't something fundamentally unique to the flight of a MVP disc - I would be hard pressed to think of a line that a non-MVP disc is literally incapable of making. No one watches an Axis throw and thinks "oh no, between by Buzzz, Meteor, Hornet, and Comet, there is no way I'll make that throw."

With all that being said, I still have more than enough other reasons to shift towards an all-MVP bag and to not throw a single disc associated with Innova (sorry PD and OLS). :p

There also isn't something fundamentally unique to the flight of a MVP disc - I would be hard pressed to think of a line that a non-MVP disc is literally incapable of making. No one watches an Axis throw and thinks "oh no, between by Buzzz, Meteor, Hornet, and Comet, there is no way I'll make that throw."

Couldn't agree with you more. An MVP disc still flies like a normal disc, and the first time I tried an Ion, Anode, Axis, Amp, or Volt, a difference in flight is definitely not something I discovered. I think durability and consistency are the big selling points to me, but gyro technology and unique flight patterns are not.

^ no you guys are wrong. mvp discs display more forward push than other brands at the end of their flight. every. single. time.

Yeah.. i have had a hard time buying the MVP gyro hype, especially with the drivers. After seeing a cross section of the overmold of the volt, there is such little amount of black plastic compared to the neutron/proton plastic within the wing. The putters i can understand. Seems there is a wider Black to Neutron plastic ratio in the putters.

Don't get me wrong. MVP makes a great product. All in all, they are very nice discs. Sometimes i wish MVP would forget the whole overmold deal produce a few discs entirely of Neutron/Proton.

i have decided to embrace fanboy as a compliment. youre just jealous of my overmolds bro. i threw my tangent 400' last week, bring your most neutral mid out and holler @ meeeee.

i have decided to embrace fanboy as a compliment. youre just jealous of my overmolds bro. i threw my tangent 400' last week, bring your most neutral mid out and holler @ meeeee.

I like MVP. Fanboy isn't really a compliment or an insult, just what you call someone who gets butthurt on the internet over stupid ****.

listen i carry 20 mvp discs on my back every time i play REGARDLESS of what anybody in the world says. dont project your insecure feelings on me.

Silly Innova, keep producing world champion team members while a bunch of 880-rated guys too scared to play tournaments hate on you on the internet.

FTFY.

I think the anti-MVP sentiment comes from people who are sick of the fanboys. Not sure why but MVP fans do come across as more pretentious when talking about their favorite brand. MVP fans talk about Innova like Rachel Maddow talks about conservatives. Hate to bring politics into it but that's how they come across.

Also, MVP hipsters act as if liking MVP and liking Innova are mutually exclusive. God forbid you think both brands make quality discs.

FTFY.

Also, MVP hipsters act as if liking MVP and liking Innova are mutually exclusive. God forbid you think both brands make quality discs.

YES!!!

Go check the Pro Destroyers thread. A member is asking about what is a substitute for Pro Destroyers and an MVP fan gets on there and just starts blasting away about Innova inconsistencies and how they are terrible...that wasn't the question. MVP doesn't have a dog in that fight...they haven't come out with a Distance Driver yet! Yeesh. And I'm tired of the talk of how consistent MVP is...what the heck do you call the Shock debacle??!!??

Back on track...I will, of course, throw the Atlas. Not just as part of my reviewing duties for InfiniteDiscs, but because I am generally interested. But when they start coming out with putters, that's when I'll get really excited. RIP Discs never get their due...the Ballistic is heinous and I don't care for the Relic but I think the Graboide is a great putter. I let tons of people use it, and they all like it too. That combination of a super-stiff flight plate and a soft and grippy rim is awesome. Innova needs to get that going on.

I still say the Pig should be revamped in this new style...with the "compass points" like on the Atlas, they could probably overmold it all the way to the edge of the Tumbtrac...oh man, the possibilities! :hfive:

It does take some guts to come out with something as gimmicky as this. teh "focus pad" was a failure, so this might be too. Or it could be the next big thing in disc tech...we shall see.

And I'm tired of the talk of how consistent MVP is...what the heck do you call the Shock debacle??!.

Not sure I would call it a debacle. The initial run came out less stable than intended. They replaced them for free with the more stable second run. Other companies have messed up and not replaced the discs. So for a small company to eat it on replacing discs? Did they mess up? Ya. But they fixed it very quick. Doesn't sound like a debacle to me. I am sure it was a nuisance to have to deal with, but they did make good.

Nah, Innova makes EXCELLENT discs every now and then. The problem is that no two runs are alike. I had, before MVP crept in, a bag FULL of Innova-made discs and loved 'em. But they were specific runs and types. My SOLFs were irreplaceable with anything but 1.1s... my early Star SW had to be early to feel right... and SuperSofts, HA.

The Shock "debacle" was that skilled molders owned up to an early flaw, fixed the process, repeated it across runs, and made it right with affected buyers. That's hardly a debacle, unless you're trying to latch onto it as such.

Ever heard of Q-PLS QJs? I spotted that, we told MILL, they said "Innova says they're QJs, ship 'em" and now it's widely known that a particular run of QJs are not QJs. SOS are stamped as Orion LS PDGA Approved. Straight up lies. They don't care. They make great discs sometimes, sometimes not, and when they don't, they just don't care.

A company that knows what they're doing and cares about quality is refreshing. Some people get real annoying over a brand like that.

We sell as much MVP (with only 9 models) as we do the Lat64 brand. They're solidly in the Top 4 brands in sales. Does that qualify as hip plastic for hipsters? And Innova sells more than all other brands combined. I don't have to believe they're the Evil Empire to understand their issues; they simply put more discs out the door than they can care about, and they're not hurting for fans or buyers. How much positive stuff do I need to say about Innova to justify a realistic opinion of their products?

Not sure I would call it a debacle. The initial run came out less stable than intended. They replaced them for free with the more stable second run. Other companies have messed up and not replaced the discs. So for a small company to eat it on replacing discs? Did they mess up? Ya. But they fixed it very quick. Doesn't sound like a debacle to me. I am sure it was a nuisance to have to deal with, but they did make good.

It's a nuisance when MVP does it, but it's a debacle when other companies do it (even when they replace the bad discs as well). It's funny that a company that prides itself on being as consistent as possible has some rather inconsistent fans.

And the Shock problem is more of a debacle. I guarantee there are still First Run Shocks out on shelves.

And the Shock problem is more of a debacle. I guarantee there are still First Run Shocks out on shelves.
if that is a debacle than i do not understand the word. i bought 2 first run shocks. had MVP replace them for free. NO OTHER COMPANY WOULD DO THAT EVER!!! The issues on the shock also improved their process. now they are even more consistent because of this. lesson learned at least they did not punish their customers they did an amazing thing replacing them. They may still be out there. My local shop separated them and they sold the first runs quick.

Latest posts