• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Atlas (Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you)

I think the main idea here is quite simple.

Innova outsells all other manufacturers by a long-shot and therefore needs to produce a much larger volume of their products which results in less time being taken to check on quality control and consistency from run to run. Not saying they don't have the time for QC, but I'm guessing they just don't spend as much time on it as compared to a smaller company. Just an assumption on my part though.

MVP on the other hand is definitely growing, but does not have as much demand for pumping out discs like Innova does. Therefore, they are able to correct their issues and come out with a product that is overall more consistent, as they more likely than not have more time to focus on their issues and correct them as they supply a smaller market. Once again, another assumption, correct me if I am wrong.

These are two completely different companies of two completely different sizes, and probably should not be compared at all.

What with all this Logic and Fact? This is the internet.

Down with corporate oppression. MVP will overthrow the Innova overlords! The Atlas is a sign of their fear. It's like Nero playing a Fiddle while Rome burns. Melt away your Rocs and Tbirds, join the new world order!

Forget the Pastafarians, pray to the MVP Nucleus - Proton and Neutron plastic forever!

P.S. MVP = My Volt Pwns

picture.php

Two 175 Volts I pulled indiscriminately off the shelf on release day. Guess which one was laser beam straight and which flew like a seasoned leopard? :D

I hope this silences the 'MVP is consistent, Innova is not' gospel. Because it is such BS it makes me sick.

Oh wait, not gonna happen. Ever.

I'm not really hating on MVP either. I'm just tired of people wearing blinders. EVERY company struggles with consistency. Whether MVP minimizes it or not, they still suffer from the same issues every other manufacturer does.

Quote someone on here who is arguing otherwise.

From the Pro Destroyer thread:

"i doubt i will ever throw anything but MVP again.. i can buy 2 discs and they are so durable they last forever, and i know if i want to get another 1 year later it will fly very similar and i wont have to worry about shopping around for what i want.. such a great feeling. "

I was never big on innova but the atlas has me curious. I carry one innova mid and that is the shark3. I had a lot of trouble flicking the MVP mids so i have up on them but seeing the atlas definitely has me intrigued. Cant wait to get a couple fundraiser protos

You mean that tall goofy looking guy who is playing masters now to avoid the competition? To me that's like Michael Jordan going overseas to play in Europes basketball league after the NBA when he started going downhill because he couldn't hang with the new players. Except... MJ actually had decent competition in his prime, whereas KC was lucky enough to play DG when there were only a few players at his skill level. KC even in his prime wouldn't be a 12x champ playing against McBeth, Wysocki, and Schusterick. Maybe a 3-5, but no-where close to a 12.

Lol go win 12 world championships then you may repost this

Last edited:
Right. He said "very similar". He didn't claim perfection.

See that's the thing. The people bagging on MVP people are just as rabid as the MVP people. I really doubt if there is more than one or two on here who are stupid enough to claim perfection.

What most of us are calling consistent is the fact that it's much easier to find a replacement that Flys "very similar". With other brands that's mire time consuming to do.

Thanks for proving my point though.

You mean that tall goofy looking guy who is playing masters now to avoid the competition? To me that's like Michael Jordan going overseas to play in Europes basketball league after the NBA when he started going downhill because he couldn't hang with the new players. Except... MJ actually had decent competition in his prime, whereas KC was lucky enough to play DG when there were only a few players at his skill level. KC even in his prime wouldn't be a 12x champ playing against McBeth, Wysocki, and Schusterick. Maybe a 3-5, but no-where close to a 12.

Not arguing but I would love to see what Climo could have done with the discs that pros today can throw. Climo chucking a destroyer back in the day would have been a thing of beauty.

From the Pro Destroyer thread:

"i doubt i will ever throw anything but MVP again.. i can buy 2 discs and they are so durable they last forever, and i know if i want to get another 1 year later it will fly very similar and i wont have to worry about shopping around for what i want.. such a great feeling. "

Right. He said "very similar". He didn't claim perfection.

See that's the thing. The people bagging on MVP people are just as rabid as the MVP people. I really doubt if there is more than one or two on here who are stupid enough to claim perfection.

What most of us are calling consistent is the fact that it's much easier to find a replacement that Flys "very similar". With other brands that's mire time consuming to do.

Thanks for proving my point though.

Good enough for you?
Thats amazing that all the volts out there fly absolutely identical to one another

How about another?

Ill take a shock and volt anyyyyyyyy day off the shelf and know wtf its going to do before a Tbird...
So funny to see the Shock was mentioned in that context...

Last edited:
Ya, you found One in Steve. I don't think AFTC is actually saying they are perfect. I think he is saying that, discounting the first run, they are all very similar now.

But like I said, you can probably find a couple. The MVP fan haters are generalizing too much though. They make it sound like anyone who says anything positive about MVP is an irrational fanboys. Are there some? Of course, every company has em. Are they the norm? I don't think so, but maybe you do.

It's pretty stupid for both sides to keep bashing each other though. There'sblinders on on both sides of this. That's fine though. It's the internet, it's to be expected.

There are a lot more fanboys than haters. I'm not really a hater. I like what MVPs doing. I just want people to be a little more realistic when making their inconsistency arguments. A little perspective when comparing companies wouldn't hurt either (I love it when people compare MVP today to Prodigy today with a total disregard for how MVP started). There's so much smug in the air from their fans that I'm having trouble breathing.

And just because I found a post where it's explicitly declared doesn't mean it isn't implied in many others. Not really trying to continue the argument here. I just am not eloquent enough to make the post not sound confrontational.

Last edited:
I think the main idea here is quite simple.

Innova outsells all other manufacturers by a long-shot and therefore needs to produce a much larger volume of their products which results in less time being taken to check on quality control and consistency from run to run. Not saying they don't have the time for QC, but I'm guessing they just don't spend as much time on it as compared to a smaller company. Just an assumption on my part though.

MVP on the other hand is definitely growing, but does not have as much demand for pumping out discs like Innova does. Therefore, they are able to correct their issues and come out with a product that is overall more consistent, as they more likely than not have more time to focus on their issues and correct them as they supply a smaller market. Once again, another assumption, correct me if I am wrong.

These are two completely different companies of two completely different sizes, and probably should not be compared at all.

I can't believe I'm even posting in the cesspool that is this thread, but there's a point here.

I just bought two pairs of Levi's jeans. They are of course a huge producer of jeans and guess what, one pair was much tighter than the other and they were marked the same. Typically when I'm buying t-shirts, one might be baggier and another tight, but they're both marked the same. There are inconsistencies in every industry, except those that can absolutely tolerate none, like aerospace. The thing is, with discs, those inconsistencies are very visible. When I wear my slightly baggier jeans, I know they're a bit bigger, but nobody else can really see that. Take two discs with different PLHs, and you will see it every time.

Just accept that there are inconsistencies that come with disc golf discs just like most other industries. If you want less inconsistencies, go with a smaller, more artisan or maybe even boutique company like MVP. If you like to pick through a stack of TBs to find that flat pearly beauty, and you can actually go to a brick and mortar to do that, they're out there. Then you'll have that unique disc and you will love it and it will perform better for you because of your confidence in it. I have both in the bag, and love them equally.

Whether or not MVP would have as many inconsistencies if they were as big as Innova is a worthless conversation to have though. Because who knows? We can only rely on our beliefs, not facts for that, so you get fanboyism and its ugly counterpart, the anti-fanboy, which is just as stupid. The interesting question to me is whether or not MVP wants to be anything like Innova, commanding that huge market share. I think not, but only time will tell. If they continue on as a small company without pushing for unlimited growth and trying to grab as much market share as possible, that would make for a great addition to the disc golf scene. MVP's more restrained, careful style would be a great complement to Innova's try every thing and see if it sticks, gonzo style where they make a million molds to see which one comes out on top and constantly fiddle with their molds to see what happens.

Are you getting payed while trolling? It'd be a shame if you we're spending this much time on DGCR without at least making minimum wage.

Wonder if innova is going to put out the atlas with a Vulcan top?

*paid *were

Yup.

Does it bother you?

Last edited:

Latest posts