• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Atlas (Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you)

I'm leaving now, but I will leave you with this.

Innova > MVP

Why?

KEN CLIMO!

Not to mention that all the disdain for Prodigy is coming at the expense of a few people who've done more for the sport than most of the haters combined will do in their lifetimes.

So why does MVP get the pass when Innova gets lynched?
probably because an ion is an ion. avairs there are tons and tons out there. one of their most popular discs. you have to search to find one like the one you had. i can go to the shop today and get a replacement for my ion any day of the week. i throw n ions. so i know they all will be similar. come on now you're just trolling to troll.

probably because an ion is an ion. avairs there are tons and tons out there. one of their most popular discs. you have to search to find one like the one you had. i can go to the shop today and get a replacement for my ion any day of the week. i throw n ions. so i know they all will be similar. come on now you're just trolling to troll.

I think the run variants need to be taken with a grain of salt. Our current world champ throws Innova discs from right off the shelf. If he can put up a round rated 1132 with "inconsistent" discs, then perhaps all of us OCD nuts need to relax.

I think the run variants need to be taken with a grain of salt. Our current world champ throws Innova discs from right off the shelf. If he can put up a round rated 1132 with "inconsistent" discs, then perhaps all of us OCD nuts need to relax.
i can almost guarantee he goes through stacks and stacks to find his. i know i would if i had access. its a numbers game. they run way more discs. that leads to way more chances for inconsistencies between runs. done and done.

you mean the McBeast Aviars? ohhh yeah that one, made just for him and his liking... :D

Good discussion here, really.

I think the main idea here is quite simple.

Innova outsells all other manufacturers by a long-shot and therefore needs to produce a much larger volume of their products which results in less time being taken to check on quality control and consistency from run to run. Not saying they don't have the time for QC, but I'm guessing they just don't spend as much time on it as compared to a smaller company. Just an assumption on my part though.

MVP on the other hand is definitely growing, but does not have as much demand for pumping out discs like Innova does. Therefore, they are able to correct their issues and come out with a product that is overall more consistent, as they more likely than not have more time to focus on their issues and correct them as they supply a smaller market. Once again, another assumption, correct me if I am wrong.

These are two completely different companies of two completely different sizes, and probably should not be compared at all.

i can almost guarantee he goes through stacks and stacks to find his. i know i would if i had access. its a numbers game. they run way more discs. that leads to way more chances for inconsistencies between runs. done and done.

Judging from the comments he's made in his thread, it doesn't sound like it. On that same token, he mentioned he threw 11X TeeBirds during the MurderMike In The Bag so perhaps he does flip through discs.

I agree with you on the production numbers and consistency issues. I really do hope that MVP can scale their current level of detail as they grow. I like the approach they're taking whether I throw any of their discs or not.

you mean the McBeast Aviars? ohhh yeah that one, made just for him and his liking... :D

It's a PnA in a firm Pro plastic. They didn't tweak the mold for him.

picture.php

Two 175 Volts I pulled indiscriminately off the shelf on release day. Guess which one was laser beam straight and which flew like a seasoned leopard? :D

I got 99 problems but inconsistencies in molding by disc golf disc manufacturers ain't one.

I actually LIKE that you can get the same mold with different flights. It takes just a couple minutes to learn about the predictable effects of PLH and dome (though dome can go either way..) and you're off and running! If you want an exact replacement, you gotta take your disc and eyeball the new one next to it. If you order sight-unseen, then you assume a bit of risk.

That said, I have too many mids as is, and I will NOT be ordering an Atlas. We certainly aren't short on straight flying mids, but it should appeal greatly to those who feel their discs are intertwined with their sense of personal aesthetic. I bet "stormtroopers" will pull big $$ in the MP, not to mention sport teams' color combos!

I think the main idea here is quite simple.

Innova outsells all other manufacturers by a long-shot and therefore needs to produce a much larger volume of their products which results in less time being taken to check on quality control and consistency from run to run. Not saying they don't have the time for QC, but I'm guessing they just don't spend as much time on it as compared to a smaller company. Just an assumption on my part though.

MVP on the other hand is definitely growing, but does not have as much demand for pumping out discs like Innova does. Therefore, they are able to correct their issues and come out with a product that is overall more consistent, as they more likely than not have more time to focus on their issues and correct them as they supply a smaller market. Once again, another assumption, correct me if I am wrong.

These are two completely different companies of two completely different sizes, and probably should not be compared at all.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

He won the championship before the McPros came out didn't he? lol I really don't have a dog in the fight though. I've thrown some MVP, but just liked other discs more. I've started throwing almost all Legacy and Innova because they are the easiest discs for me to find replacements for, being from So Cal.

That being said, the Atlas does intrigue me just because I want to see how Innova handles to overmold compared to MVP.r

I'm leaving now, but I will leave you with this.

Innova > MVP

Why?

KEN CLIMO!

You mean that tall goofy looking guy who is playing masters now to avoid the competition? To me that's like Michael Jordan going overseas to play in Europes basketball league after the NBA when he started going downhill because he couldn't hang with the new players. Except... MJ actually had decent competition in his prime, whereas KC was lucky enough to play DG when there were only a few players at his skill level. KC even in his prime wouldn't be a 12x champ playing against McBeth, Wysocki, and Schusterick. Maybe a 3-5, but no-where close to a 12.

You mean that tall goofy looking guy who is playing masters now to avoid the competition? To me that's like Michael Jordan going overseas to play in Europes basketball league after the NBA when he started going downhill because he couldn't hang with the new players. Except... MJ actually had decent competition in his prime, whereas KC was lucky enough to play DG when there were only a few players at his skill level. KC even in his prime wouldn't be a 12x champ playing against McBeth, Wysocki, and Schusterick. Maybe a 3-5, but no-where close to a 12.

wow, so much stupid in this post.

Latest posts