• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Atlas (Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you)

Yup, it's just a neutral mid. For my grip at least, it was barely evident that the plate had a different firmness, and for that matter the rim didn't really feel soft rather than more grippy to the touch, although in a golf grip it just feels firm (as firm as the plate). I didn't do any fan-grip shots. It didn't feel bad or anything. I threw gummy QMS for a long time and I wouldn't say these rip out of the hand the same way as those, which I'd chalk up to plate deformation on the Q when thrown. I always loved the way gummies ripped though. Atlas felt and flew like a flat Aurora in Star with a small bead.

To Mike C's question, as I'm most familiar with Q Auroras, I'd say it flew pretty similar to a QMS for me, and did not have the sort of forward push you see with the Axis. From my years-n-years ago with Z-Buzzz, it seems Buzzz-like in the majority of its flight, with less fade, hence my QMS comparison.

With an orange plate/white rim only in the sun for a few minutes, it didn't seem floppitized at all. Not even hatin' with this objective statement; with a power grip, I don't see why it's overmolded. There's no friction in my palm, and the inner wall felt just as firm as the plate, and it flew like a normal disc. While trying to rub the scuffs off my bro's new frisbee, the rim definitely felt like grippier plastic, but that came into play not at all while throwing it. Also one of his was #11 so he's a lucky SOB.

What did you say? Viva MVP? Revolt against the evil Innova overlords?

I can't keep up with this thread. Tbird and Johnny if you want to throw an Atlas PM Me and setup a date to throw down at. I'm at Boone after work usually 4 days a week! :)

Where did everyone go? MVP has now copied the elusive TB in response to the atlas release.

I just got back from camping, so I didn't get to play any DG. I did however get to work my P Volts down some good dirt roads...

The Proton Volt = faster old school (flat and clear) Champ TB. Many discs are kinda like a faster TB, but the P Volt behaves exactly like a faster TB. The stability and flight are right on...You want a flat flight? Better throw it flat. Nose up? It will fade out earlier, but it will still ride flat for a while. High and turned over? Flies on a beautiful and methodical flex shot. It has more fade than I first thought, but it is late (just like a TB). It has 0 HSS, again like the TB.

So once again, Proton Volt = faster old school champ TB.

I can't keep up with this thread. Tbird and Johnny if you want to throw an Atlas PM Me and setup a date to throw down at. I'm at Boone after work usually 4 days a week! :)

I'm totally interested but a little far from you. If I ever pull fix my cranial rectal inversion and join y'all DDD's for a round, I'll try to remember to ask you.

Any luck with solving your Airy issue?

Where did everyone go? MVP has now copied the elusive TB in response to the atlas release.

This is the speculation/troll thread. Now that the disc has been thrown, this thread is dead. If you want real talk about the Atlas, check out the other threads.

Why would you want a faster Teebird? They are perfect as is. The weak arms will think its better cause it's faster......fools.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Why would you want a faster Teebird? They are perfect as is. The weak arms will think its better cause it's faster......fools.

Maybe to go longer, lower, and farther into the wind. That and they don't make the Teebirds that the PVolt flies like anymore. I stopped throwing Teebirds when the Champs got opaque and domey with high speed turn out of the box.

Seriously though, how are the TBs coming out these days? Have they done them in the JL plastic yet? Are they stiff and flattish? That would make me buy one again...

Maybe to go longer, lower, and farther into the wind. That and they don't make the Teebirds that the PVolt flies like anymore. I stopped throwing Teebirds when the Champs got opaque and domey with high speed turn out of the box.

Seriously though, how are the TBs coming out these days? Have they done them in the JL plastic yet? Are they stiff and flattish? That would make me buy one again...

I was doing some fieldwork yesterday and crushed my star teebird out to 418, and 441 on a really good throw. Only a bit of turn, and it just kept going.. Id say if you want a longer bird, use one in Star plastic over the champ plastic.

My volts are good, but i just cant trust them in the wind. I'll see how the proton holds up when it arrives, but yeah... The teebird seems to be more reliable for me. Not entirely sure what to do with my volts right now.

Don't ask for facts from Hammer, he only trolls and incites flame wars.

Seriously though, why would anyone want a faster Teebird? That's just silly. I want a slower Teebird... Like a Teebird putter. Yaa. That'd be sick.

The Brinsters in the Factory Store are in JL plastic and somewhat flat. I think stock stamp JLs are starting to show their face now too, but I could be wrong.

Seriously though, why would anyone want a faster Teebird? That's just silly. I want a slower Teebird... Like a Teebird putter. Yaa. That'd be sick.

Prodigy 750 is just ground up CE Teebirds.

My understanding is that the latest runs are just that; flat, stiff, and HSS stable.

Better get these early ones before they put the Vulcan top on. Or is everyone going to wait for the blizzards? Maybe we can get innova to do a special run of circle stamped ones so people can continue selling them for way more than they're worth.

Be better if it had MVP crossed out and Innova scribbled in handwriting right under it.

Pot calling kettle.......these are just on this page.

Did Innova coin that or is it just a fan made term? I've handled their newest champ runs the local stores have gotten and they feel the same as they always did to me.

One other random innova question I don't want to make a new thread for...whats up with totem TB's? I threw one the other week and I swear it was a speed 9 rim width rather than 7. Do these have a wider rim?

Did Innova coin that or is it just a fan made term? I've handled their newest champ runs the local stores have gotten and they feel the same as they always did to me.

Innova uses the term. The only one I have is my Tern. While not dramatically different, it feels closer to lat. 64 than the older Champion. I like it better.

Innova needs to change the color nomenclature with JL as well. Instead of blue use rasberry or blueberry. Seriously I wanna try and lick some to see if they are fruity.