• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova G Star?

*they're

You completely disregarded or didnt understand my criticism of Gstar durability. You just jumped on the same lame joke from the other guy. I work for innova, yet still bring up the problem with Gstar?

try again buddy

hahaha wow innova hired a troll. this is priceless

Cool post

But feel free to continue obsessing over me through private message. This garbage is ruining the thread.

Last edited:
The torque-monkey in me wishes they could make a super long driver with Boss like stability but in 1.9 to 2.1cm rim width so I can actually get some snap into it.

The side of me that is still working on cleaner form really got a hold of some beautiful shots today with the GStar Valkyrie. Star Valkyries were always hit or miss; the only Valkyries I really felt I could control were Champion Glow. The GStar Valkyries I have been throwing, all of five of them, have almost identical stability as Champion Glow, making them really go long so I do not need to muster gut-wrenching power that will ultimately tear apart my 38 year old knees and elbow.

I have a G* FB, Orc, EX, and TB(factory 2nd) bagged atm. The Orc has seen a ton of action, including hitting some rocks, a couple roads(hard), and of course trees. There is barely a mark on it. The FB is starting to get a couple marks on the rim from hitting trees and spike hyzers, but still flies like new. The EX and TB have only seen a little bit of action so far, but they fly exactly like the numbers would suggest.

I think people have gotten so used to what the discs fly like recently(super OS molds sold as normal, i.e. FBs, TBs, Destroyers, Eagles) that they no longer come close to the numbers. G* seems to be the most true to the numbers I've ever seen from Innova in a premium plastic(meaning not DX or pro). In that frame of mind I think G* is a resounding success. If you're looking for the most OS meat-hookiest firebird or most OS version of anything, G* is not what you're looking for.

Innova has nearly every possible flight covered, now they're giving us more options. You can cover the same shot with a more OS disc in G* or a less OS in Champ and still get the same flight. Just depends on your preference. Think of it like an engine, you could have a V8 that puts out 400hp or a turbo v6 that puts out the same 400hp. Two routes to the same goal.

That's my take on it(as retarded as it might read).

I haven't thrown any G* yet, gonna pick one up today. It will probably be a Destroyer or Tee Bird. Leaning towards the bird.

Went with the TB, slightly sunburst orange 175, and initial impressions are seasoned Star with nice glide. Pretty much what I expected. No discernible damage yet but I'll be sure to report back should some appear. I know you all will be waiting with bated breath.

I'm really digging my G* Teebird. Feels like a more durable version of the Pro Teebird. Nice and soft/gummy, and not nearly as stable as a new champ or star TB.

Nailed some trees yesterday with my G* drivers. TeeBird still looks like new, flies true. Leopard has some slight abrasion, but still no cuts, dings, or loss of shape. Looks like it was lightly sanded with 400 grit. No change in flight characteristics.

Also threw a G* Orc...wooooooow. Very nice, lots of glide, very HSS.

I have a 167 Gstar Destroyer that is really breaking in fantastic. Been hitting some 330-350 shorts on a rope with no fade. And I've got a Gstar Tern that is great too.

My favorite distance disc I have is my 168 Star Wraith but I'd like to have all the same type plastic in either star or gstar.

How does the Gstar Wraith compare to a regular Gstar?

This place boggles my mind. Birdie is hitting the nail on the head with the normal star plastic comparison. These shouldn't be compared to champs at all.

The Gstar teebird is pretty much like a normal star for me. Never have thrown a star FB though.

My bad for thinking that a dis that I always bag should be pretty lose to the same out of the box regardless of plastic.

I think what I've learned from this is that I like Champ plastics and their equivalent and don't benefit much from the added grip of pro/Rpro or G* for anything above a speed 5.

Sorry if you misunderstand my intent, it was more about self discovery of my own preferences than saying I hate the new plastic.

My bad for thinking that a dis that I always bag should be pretty lose to the same out of the box regardless of plastic.

I think what I've learned from this is that I like Champ plastics and their equivalent and don't benefit much from the added grip of pro/Rpro or G* for anything above a speed 5.

Sorry if you misunderstand my intent, it was more about self discovery of my own preferences than saying I hate the new plastic.

You do realize that there are stability differences between plastics, right?

no problem

I definitely see your point. The durability issues kinda make me want just champs at times as well.

You have to remember that I get easily agitated about these topics due to my employment at innova. I'm a company man.

no problem

I definitely see your point. The durability issues kinda make me want just champs at times as well.

You have to remember that I get easily agitated about these topics due to my employment at innova. I'm a company man.

I totally understand, I work for a home decor company and if you had one of our rugs and insinuated that the wool we use in our rugs was inferior I would be defensive for sure.

I also realize disc stability varies by plastic type, I just didn't understand that it would be as noticeable out of the box.

For durability's sake I often bag only Champ discs or their equivalent.

I've gotta say I'm surprised by the durability of GStar. I figured it would be a slightly more durable Pro plastic but I hit trees all over the place today with my Leopard which only resulted in slight scuffs and one small nick. I even hit a rock wall and it sounded like a bigfoot watcher doing wood knocking, I didn't find any new mark from that hit. It did get a little rash from hitting asphalt road but a lot less than I expected. So far it's been more durable than regular Star plastic for me, perhaps the flex absorbs a lot of the energy. I had to be careful repairing the road rash and nick with a lighter, it melts very easily.

Yeah, I've noticed my teebird and TL rarely take damage, but my destroyer did warp a bit when it hit a tree at full speed. I think the softness on the thick wings of higher speed discs makes them a little prone to bending slightly.

no problem

FYI - The part in bold is pure sarcasm!

Speaking of pure, what kind of Innova company man would throw a Pure?
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2457012&postcount=1

or Westside or Discraft or MVP? http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103235

Back on topic: I throw a GStar Foxbat. I have been using it on some pretty rugged courses. It has taken quite a beating and it still looks and flies like brand new. I also got an Ace with it!

LOL... Innova making doubly sure everyone knows he's not with them

Its okay were just funnin'

Now everyone is in on the joke.

Sarcasm and jokes on the internet can be difficult for some people to detect even with question marks and smiley's. Some folks actually believed the comments and complained.

Complained to who? About what?

I don't know how anyone could not be in on the "joke" if they spent any time reading the previous posts.

I just picked up a Gstar Leopard and Gstar Teebird. Holy cow!!! This Leopard is nice and flat, gummy, beautiful. It will flip up from hyzer and ride right. It's perfect. Great anny disc, tailwind shots, etc. The first Leo I've liked. I had a domey stiff junky champ before it and it was garbage.

Teebird is an incredible disc. It flies like a perfectly worn in Star Teeb. Laser straight with MINIMAL fade as it slows down. Bomber too, has a great glide to it. Buy one. Did I mention it's FLAT. I mean perfectly flat and feels wonderful.