• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova G Star?

So I have to say, the Gstar Roadrunner is the best Roadrunner I've ever thrown.

I'd say it's slightly more gummy. I mean it's noticeable, but doesn't really stand out. I figure it's because the Leop is 166 and the tb is 175.

I have a 175 leo that is more gummy as well.

I figured it had something to do with the small rim size but that is pure speculation.

I have a 175 leo that is more gummy as well.

I figured it had something to do with the small rim size but that is pure speculation.

It obviously could be when it was run on the schedule. The first GStar Leopard I picked up was when the plastic was introduced. I have since then picked up four more production run Leopards that are a little firmer than this very first one. Now, I do not physically have them in front of me as I am typing this, so I cannot comment on whether the productions are gummier than TeeBird production runs, but between the first run introduction and production, there is definitely a noticeable difference.

Can't comment on the different runs because these are the first G* I've owned, but man do they fly great. Had several drop in birds with G* drives today and missed an ace by not alot with the G* Leo

Yeah I'm digging my g* Teebirds.... Fly a lot more like a DX bird than the other premium plastics which is awesome. My g* Valk flew just like a fresh Star, which stinks because it sounded like it too was supposed to fly more like a DX as well. But that's fine because I've cut Valks from my bag anyways.

Yeah I'm digging my g* Teebirds.... Fly a lot more like a DX bird than the other premium plastics which is awesome. My g* Valk flew just like a fresh Star, which stinks because it sounded like it too was supposed to fly more like a DX as well. But that's fine because I've cut Valks from my bag anyways.

Is a fresh star valk pretty close to the numbers? I've only thrown G* and DX.

Picked up a G star Valk. It flies right on the numbers. Nice turn and fade. My first G star and I love the grip and profile!

Most Star Valks start more overstable than the numbers, I'd say -1 turn, +2.5 or 3 fade.

In my experience.

Agreed, and also I have found the ones that have a smooth moderate dome will break in to a much nicer flying disc than the flatter ones. The only disc I like with some dome.

Did it again. Hit a tree with a gstar teebird and the nose smashed down. not as bad as my other one, but still definitely able to tell by looking at it. I guess I don't mind it so much since they still fly very well, but kind of irritating. That's 2/3 now.

Did it again. Hit a tree with a gstar teebird and the nose smashed down. not as bad as my other one, but still definitely able to tell by looking at it. I guess I don't mind it so much since they still fly very well, but kind of irritating. That's 2/3 now.

Yep...has happened to one of my destroyers pretty bad the first day I used it, and as happened to my wraith too. My teebird and TL seem fine so far.

Yep...has happened to one of my destroyers pretty bad the first day I used it, and as happened to my wraith too. My teebird and TL seem fine so far.

I remember I posted about my buddy's Pegasus warping after hitting a tree & I basically got told I was crazy that Gstar didn't do. Looks like I wasn't totally off after all!

Yeah, that's really the only thing that worries me about this plastic. Doesn't seem like it'll hold up very long, particularly the high speed drivers that hit trees at high speeds and warp easily. Other than that though, I really like them.

Yeah. Worst case scenario I've got a good starting point for a workhorse cycle with my champ TB as the end cap. It's a pretty good worst case scenario.

Honestly, if the Gstar is going to beat in to the understable role that's just fine with me. I can cycle PDs, Teebirds, and maybe Roc3s that way and dump the one-off Lat stuff I'm carrying in those roles. :)
I've yet to really blast a tree yet with any of mine though. Just glancing shots. But man I love my Valkyrie and Teebird...