• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova G Star?

I have a gstar ROC and I don't they are. My champ roc3 is far more over stable than the gstar one
Gstar 180g
Champ 176

Are people still finding the G* Roc 3 to be more overstable than the champ?

Maybe at first, but I am wondering if that is more a product of not knowing how to throw them, backing off the power, and since not going full power it has the appearance of being overstable. At the end of the HSS is almost indistinguishable while I could trick myself into believing that the GStar has less LSS.

I haven't come across a G* in any mold that was more stable than the star or champ version. All my G* molds tend to be significantly under stable for a brand new disc. I have a Rhyno, TL, Teebird, Wraith, Boss and Destroyer. Seems to be the same case for all of them. Which isn't a bad thing, but don't expect them to be super over stable like a new champ or star disc.

I haven't come across a G* in any mold that was more stable than the star or champ version. All my G* molds tend to be significantly under stable for a brand new disc. I have a Rhyno, TL, Teebird, Wraith, Boss and Destroyer. Seems to be the same case for all of them. Which isn't a bad thing, but don't expect them to be super over stable like a new champ or star disc.

Roadrunners and Leopards are noticeable more stable than their Champion or Star counterparts.

Guess I stand corrected. The molds I have, particularly the Rhyno, Teebird, Wraith and Destroyer, are significantly less stable than my champ/star versions.

The big bead aviar is more LSS but less HSS in my opinion. I like the Leos, they are like a beat up teebird new and once they wear in throw just like a new pro. Gstar Teebird=DXTeebird +2 grams.

Guess I stand corrected. The molds I have, particularly the Rhyno, Teebird, Wraith and Destroyer, are significantly less stable than my champ/star versions.

I've heard that Gstar moves most stabilities towards the middle. In other words overstable molds become less stable in gstar and understable discs become more stable. I can personally vouch for the last part and sounds like can vouch for the first part.

I've heard that Gstar moves most stabilities towards the middle. In other words overstable molds become less stable in gstar and understable discs become more stable. I can personally vouch for the last part and sounds like can vouch for the first part.

That sounds pretty accurate.

That sounds pretty accurate.

Just to add a little clarity. The ones I can vouch for to be more stable in gstar are Valks, Leos, and Mambas.

I also have a TL (from factory store) and a Daedalus in Gstar but don't have them in other plastics for comparison.

The G* Mamba is more stable than Star or more stable than Star and Champion? A more stable Mamba that is not an Aries would be awesome.

Just to add a little clarity. The ones I can vouch for to be more stable in gstar are Valks, Leos, and Mambas.

I also have a TL (from factory store) and a Daedalus in Gstar but don't have them in other plastics for comparison.

I can vouch for Valkyries, Destroyers, TeeBirds, TLs, Roc3s, Roadrunners, Leopards, Firebirds, Sharks, and Pegasus.

I still stand by my original assessment that all the GStars I have thrown are definitely closer to the stability line than their regular counterparts. I prefer this because I like the grip I have with this plastic and I definitely need a "seasoned" TeeBird and a more stable Valkyrie, Roadrunner, and Leopard.

Conversely, I have given up on the Shark and Firebird. I normally do not throw these molds to begin with, but the hopes that they would be more or less stable, depending on their inherent stability, and would have a touch more glide definitely intrigued me. The Pegasus looks nice on the wall.

I have temporarily given up on the Destroyer because the Sword is better in every way. Well, every way but grip during the winter. I cannot throw Opto/VIP or Gold Line/ Tournament when it is wet and cold. The Destroyers may come back out if I am not totally committed to the Valkyrie and Roadrunner for my big shots. It all depends if I feel the need to sell off my four remaining Destroyers or not.

I can vouch for Valkyries, Destroyers, TeeBirds, TLs, Roc3s, Roadrunners, Leopards, Firebirds, Sharks, and Pegasus.

I still stand by my original assessment that all the GStars I have thrown are definitely closer to the stability line than their regular counterparts. I prefer this because I like the grip I have with this plastic and I definitely need a "seasoned" TeeBird and a more stable Valkyrie, Roadrunner, and Leopard.

Conversely, I have given up on the Shark and Firebird. I normally do not throw these molds to begin with, but the hopes that they would be more or less stable, depending on their inherent stability, and would have a touch more glide definitely intrigued me. The Pegasus looks nice on the wall.

I have temporarily given up on the Destroyer because the Sword is better in every way. Well, every way but grip during the winter. I cannot throw Opto/VIP or Gold Line/ Tournament when it is wet and cold. The Destroyers may come back out if I am not totally committed to the Valkyrie and Roadrunner for my big shots. It all depends if I feel the need to sell off my four remaining Destroyers or not.

Well whatcha know it's almost like we're finding real consensus here instead of YMMV like there is with so many other topics. Good stuff.:thmbup:

I'm not sure what some of these guys are talking about - everything I've seen/tried/heard-of in G-Star is like seasoned premium plastic (ie - not as much beef, overstability, as normal champ/star). This includes Leopards, Destroyers, PDs, Teebirds, Wraiths, Valk, etc.

I'm not sure what some of these guys are talking about - everything I've seen/tried/heard-of in G-Star is like seasoned premium plastic (ie - not as much beef, overstability, as normal champ/star). This includes Leopards, Destroyers, PDs, Teebirds, Wraiths, Valk, etc.

Interesting... my Valks in Gstar were FAR more overstable compared to my star and pro valks.

The G* Tern even has different numbers than Star. -3 vs. -4. No idea on other molds.

Has anyone tried the G* Wraith? I'm thinking about getting one.

I've got a G* Destroyer that I love but not as much as I love my regular Star Wraith. So, in the interest of getting the same mold I was thinking of getting a G* Wraith with the hope that it would be have less beef than my Star Wraith.

The G* Destroyer I have is close to the Star Wraith I have and I'm wanting something to compliment the Star Wraith.

I had one...before I lost it in a lake last weekend. It was a little less stable than my Star/Champ Wraiths. Was definitely a little bit flippy compared to other premium molds, but a nice disc.

the Gstar leo is more overstable than a star for me.