• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Innova Understable DD

Trying to decide between the Shryke and Tern. Heard a lot of good about both, but a few cons. Also dont know what plastic to get. I throw star and gstar for all my other fairways and drivers. Looking for something for tailwind, long flex/annys. I bag the star and gstar destroyers which cover overstable and slight overstable. I want something that will finish slightly right and can go super right when on a anny line. Thanks

My GStar Tern was a flip machine, where as the Star was just a tick more stable. The G* was still very useable and had some noteworthy glide. I'd honestly say pick up one of each in both G* and Star if possible. G* for what you want instantly and a Star for that tick of extra stability without going into Destroyer-land and to age along side the G*.

I have thrown one or two brand-new, flippy Star Terns though. Hell, I even had a couple Pro Terns in the bag that seemed to hold up just as long as my Stars, and they had just crazy fun glide. So don't rule out Pro! Pro always gets pooped on but I swear it's way more durable than everyone gives it credit for!

The Champ Glow Terns BOMB! They may be a bit stable for what you're looking for, but they're too good to not mention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The mamba was my go to distance driver back when I had really bad form. It would flip and glide for days. I now use it for rollers but it's really good in the woods.

DG

My GStar Tern was a flip machine, where as the Star was just a tick more stable. The G* was still very useable and had some noteworthy glide. I'd honestly say pick up one of each in both G* and Star if possible. G* for what you want instantly and a Star for that tick of extra stability without going into Destroyer-land and to age along side the G*.

I have thrown one or two brand-new, flippy Star Terns though. Hell, I even had a couple Pro Terns in the bag that seemed to hold up just as long as my Stars, and they had just crazy fun glide. So don't rule out Pro! Pro always gets pooped on but I swear it's way more durable than everyone gives it credit for!

The Champ Glow Terns BOMB! They may be a bit stable for what you're looking for, but they're too good to not mention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How dose it fly/hold up in a tailwind. Looking at a star Tern.

I've got a GStar Tern that abolutely crushes in tailwind (I've thrown it over 500 ever so slightly downhill with a tailwind). I don't bag it but they can definitely get somewhere with the right release and the right armspeed.

Yeah, the Tern in general will bomb in a tailwind. I don't think you'll be disappointed with a Star. Echo Star is an option to consider as well; I threw a friend's once and it flew like a G* and felt like Star. Almost made me want to bag one, but I prefer the feel and performance of my beat Wraiths.

How dose it fly/hold up in a tailwind. Looking at a star Tern.

For me, the Star Tern is the bomb, pun fully intended :p, especially in tailwinds. But weight can be an important factor. My 162g Star Tern got flippy on me. I moved up to 168g, give or take a gram, and that Star Tern was right in my wheelhouse (and is still in my bag). Heavier weights such as 175g tend to be more stable for me.

Based on OP's post I'd suggest beating up a gstar beast.

If you need more US go mamba or sidewinder.

If you want a disc that is silly fast and US go grab a Queen.

In my limited time in this sport, I can vouch for the GStar Mystere and beat up beast. I don't remember the numbers for each, but the Mystere had a lot more glide for me. I also have a champy shryke that's new to my bag. I really want to work the shryke in more of my shots, but I don't think I have the armspeed yet. Right now the Mystere is my go to of the 3.