• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Interesting Statue near the Sears Tower

Taken separately, the guy throwing the Frisbee looks like a guy throwing a Frisbee. If you posted just a picture of the "catch" statue without the "throw" statue, he looks like a guy about to take a dump in the flowerbed.

Are we sure this is a statue? It could be one of those silver painted mime-type guys. There have always been a bunch of them around downtown Chicago when I have been there.

Taken separately, the guy throwing the Frisbee looks like a guy throwing a Frisbee. If you posted just a picture of the "catch" statue without the "throw" statue, he looks like a guy about to take a dump in the flowerbed.

LOL!:D

Are we sure this is a statue? It could be one of those silver painted mime-type guys. There have always been a bunch of them around downtown Chicago when I have been there.

If so they are some dedicated bastards because the flicker pic was uploaded on September 7, 2007 and midnight's buddy saw them yesterday.

Talk about waiting for someone to throw! :p

If so they are some dedicated bastards because the flicker pic was uploaded on September 7, 2007 and midnight's buddy saw them yesterday.

Talk about waiting for someone to throw! :p

I have played with a guy seems to take that long to throw.:D

It is confirmed - it's a real statue throwing a Whamo. I was in the city all weekend with friends from out of town. They went up the Sears tower (Willis Tower now actually) and my kids and I went on a search for this.

Here's a pix of me brushing off my Ultimate form and the Frisbee:

Attachments

• Cover.jpg
    Cover.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 30
  • frisbee.jpg
    frisbee.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Good point......can use the tips since I am still brushing up and not moving too fast these days. But faster than the competition! :)

It is confirmed - it's a real statue throwing a Whamo. I was in the city all weekend with friends from out of town. They went up the Sears tower (Willis Tower now actually) and my kids and I went on a search for this.

Here's a pix of me brushing off my Ultimate form and the Frisbee:

Very cool. Thanks for looking into that for us

He's at W Monroe and S Jefferson (2 blocks west of the Sears Tower)

Copy-paste these GPS coordinates into google maps (that's him the arrow is on top of) and then move the little orange streetview guy to the street right there and you can see him and his friend playing catch: 41.880658, -87.642923