• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is a Striker comparable to a Valkyrie?

I would say this actually depends on the PLH of the Striker you get. I have two - the one with higher PLH flies like a Teebird, and the one with the lower PLH flies like a Valkyrie.

Unfortunately, it's one of those molds that you have to buy and throw to be sure. =/
You don't have to buy and try, you can compare the PLH of a stack of them before buying.

Even if he did mean Stalker, it'd still be pretty far off.
Not really. The Stalker is definitely in the shorter end of the fairway driver spectrum, and not really much longer than a Buzzz.

You don't have to buy and try, you can compare the PLH of a stack of them before buying.

Only problem is no local shops sell L64. All Innova...stupid stupid stupid...So I'm forced to buying/trading here.

also the striker is a larger disc than a valk...

not many notice it but i think it is just a bit bigger than a regular fairway driver. makes it land forward more. like a midrange shot.

also the striker is a larger disc than a valk...

not many notice it but i think it is just a bit bigger than a regular fairway driver. makes it land forward more. like a midrange shot.

Yep...it's a 21.5 disc. I had to get used to that and didn't even notice that it was a larger diameter until I'd thrown it for a few sessions.

IMO, no. New champ Valkyrie vs new Opto striker, same weight. Thrown flat and hard the striker flys much straighter.

MAYBE a beat up striker could resemble a brand new champ valkyrie. otherwise i'd say the striker is much more overstable. similar speed-wise.

Striker

Both the GL Strikers I tried flew like longer Rivers. I have star Valks that are more stable. Still have an orange one gathering dust. I prefer the Eagle-X to complement my River and Leo. This may be a rare case were Innova discs, Eagle-X, are more consistant than Lat 64, Strikers.

After reading this thread I feel like I've been really lucky with my strikers so far. I have gone through three of them, two opto and one GL. All of them have been very Teebirdish. They hold an annie line a bit better than a T, but seem to be about the same stability on a flat or hyzer line. Also, they are a tad faster.

I've also been throwing them a lot for rollers and really like them.

Latest posts