• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is this guy a falling-putter?

Falling putts?

• Total voters
facepalm.jpg

this whole thread.

do you really care?? it's clearly a casual round..

Guy looks like he is complete control of his balance. If he was flailing and had a wobble as he finished forward, maybe a falling putt.

I give the guy props for nice drives with his putter!!! Keep it up man!!!! Your putts look clean as well, even if you step forward!!!

facepalm.jpg

this whole thread.

do you really care?? it's clearly a casual round..

Doesn't matter if I care. Just a topic of conversation and to me, yes, it is interesting. Are you really so bored that you go about jumping through threads just to say they're lame? Why don't you add some decent input instead of that negative bullcrap.

Doesn't matter if I care. Just a topic of conversation and to me, yes, it is interesting. Are you really so bored that you go about jumping through threads just to say they're lame? Why don't you add some decent input instead of that negative bullcrap.

because it's clearly not a falling putt.
you guys are arguing to argue.. there is no point.

it's simpler to do this anyway
facepalm.jpg

but you can somewhat see people's reasoning as to why it may be a falling putt. the poll will clearly establish a winner. :thmbup:

LOL ...nice comback "lame" (really, I did laugh)

i say mike c has mad mannies, so he was in full balance. also, he says he's not a heavy competition player so what does it matter.

I hope the majority of tourney players wouldnt even try to call that, or I dont want anything to do with tournament play. File this under the "Is this a douche move" thread.

There was the one putt at :29 that if you are a complete ______ you could possibly call, but never get a second. He has balance there is a pause on all of the other ones. Plain and simple. Thanks to all of the certified officials that have chimed in here. Mike if you ever find yourself playing on a card with the likes of your naysayers, just reach down and pick your mini up with your thumb and middle finger each time.

Looks like his left foot barely scrapes the ground as it moves forward. If that's the case, that's two feet on the ground and controlled balance behind the marker. I'd say all he needs to do to settle any disputes would be to make a more pronounced tap on the ground with his left foot before he moved forward.

his next step up to the basket after he putts doesn't give him any clear advantage,
that is why i voted no.

I can't load the vid right now but I can tell from the convo that it's a falling putt:(
around here, you'd hear this:
" not that I care, but that's a falling putt. Now I won't say anything but others might"

that's the polite warning, word for word I recieved when I started playing with the big dawgs. My best friend heard the exact line when he came out.

Now what I did is go home, place a stack of putters as my marker. Putt, keep that foot in the air and with it still up, bend your right to pick up the next putter(leg still lifted). One upright, let your left leg down BEHIND the stack. Repeat. This will correct foot faults:)

now one trick that will still work in many areas is to tap the toe of your left foot before advancing forward. Not that I'd suggest it.

It is clearly not a falling putt. You would never get a second in a tournament. No official would ever back it up. And any penalties would be arguable with the TD when the putting style was demonstrated. What is clear is that Apoth had a lot of time on his hands and felt like making a thread that people would argue over. How many of us would give a crap if there was some clear violation we could agree on.

No, this is not a falling putt.

That's nowhere near fall putting. The only times tourneys will really call you on a fall put is when you do a jump putt or something very close to the basket (in which case there's no need anyways, so nobody does).

In a sanctioned open division tournament, yes he would get called on that. Ive seen it been called even in Intermediate div. on myself from a douche bag who was havin a bad round.