• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Issues Report Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

greens

Administrator
Staff member
Please report issues on the new site here.

Let me know what you're trying to do, or the expected result so I can replicate it etc.

Site looks great so far. Thank you.

Two issues:

- I am unable to access my photo album

- I am unable to see the politics folder (I haven't decided if this is a good thing or a bad thing, lol.)

Morning... when I'm in my profile the username is overtop blocking the first line of comments. Like my username is over top of my status "hungover" haha. It's a little tough to read.

Ps wow, it notifies you that someone has a new post while I was typing this out.

When browsing courses, click Filters. That will bring up all the filters that were on the original Browse Courses section.

That said, the Browse Map seems to default to lat/long (0, 0), which is in the ocean near Africa.

1. When browsing the course map, it's completely blank with a blue background. Waterworld style.

2. Sometimes when browsing different pages there's a small orange box on the top left corner of the screen with no apparent function.

3. (I think this one is intentional) - when looking at a course page all media is lumped together. it takes a lot of work to make a video of a course. on the old site there was a distinct tab for videos and one for photos, making the videos stand out more. now users have to sift through pages of photos until they get to the end, then hopefully notice the small icon indicating a video.

4. Might be a good option to put light/dark theme and text size options under preferences or settings. Kind of weird having settings spread around multiple parts of the site instead of one unified location. took me a second to figure out where to go to disable the night theme.

#3 bums me out. making videos of courses is something I enjoy a lot. But now its looking like it might not be worth the effort to add them to the course pages since no ones likely to see them.

edit: testing edit window timeframe

Last edited:
The new format seems much more forum oriented, but doesn't seem to be very user friendly for finding courses via the map.

Not particularly easy to find courses played or reviews.

While many of us spend a lot of time on the forum, our primary use of the site is for finding courses to plan road trips, reading reviews, and keeping track of our courses played.

Making that functionality more difficult to use could alienate a good chunk of the current user base.

Just one person's opinion.

#5 - nearby courses at the bottom of a courses page is very messed up for some courses at the moment. I'm looking at a course in Florida ( South Beach Community Park ) and it lists courses in japan as nearby courses. I looked at a myrtle beach course I recently played and its nearby suggestions were accurate though.

Interesting... the edit window seems to have changed. I was able to fix the attachment in the above post I made... 8 minutes after. How long is the new edit window? Indefinite?

When I click on my reviews, all of the courses are in Shelby, MI. Unless this is an alternate universe where everything is inside of Shelby, MI there's no way that's possible. Never even been to Michigan... or have I?!

The new format seems much more forum oriented, but doesn't seem to be very user friendly for finding courses via the map.

Not particularly easy to find courses played or reviews.

While many of us spend a lot of time on the forum, our primary use of the site is for finding courses to plan road trips, reading reviews, and keeping track of our courses played.

Making that functionality more difficult to use could alienate a good chunk of the current user base.

Just one person's opinion.
I'm glad I screen shot my courses played list. I tried finding mine and could only get a portion of them on the map.

Personally I feel like the navigation is backwards in some ways. I need to search for things on the new version that were one or two clicks away on the old.

Greens…..

I suggest you post the "directions" you were claiming to have to navigate the site. Maybe it will help some of the veterans here get on the same wavelength with your intentions of the new design

When I click on my reviews, all of the courses are in Shelby, MI. Unless this is an alternate universe where everything is inside of Shelby, MI there's no way that's possible. Never even been to Michigan... or have I?!
same here

Maybe I'm just missing it, but while everyone's trusted reviewer status shows next to their name, I no longer see where to find people achievements. Has this been replaced with the trophies thing? I feel like achievements are one of the things that really keep the core community engaged. At least some of us anyway.

Trying to report a course that's extinct and can't find the report to admins button anymore.

Can't see latest reviews/button doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts