• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

It Finally Happend...

^^ How sick would it be to have an oldschool bicycle/cooler cart riding around :)

We have one at Rum Village park...lol although his mexican ice cream isn't that great (or so I have been told by my friends lol) but its the thought that counts I guess....I don't think we have ever been close to hitting someone...except there were a group of girls and one guy on one of our 220ft over hill blind shots...great tomahawk shot...they yelled at us to throw...and I threw my normal shot...walked over the hill and to my surprise I was right under the basket...they all said "whoever was the red one..GREAT SHOT!" I just walked away with a smile LOL

ice cream truck

Seriously, a creamsicle would be fantastic in between rounds on a hot day.

Yesterday we just started a league round when lo and behold the ice cream truck came through the park. Most of us already had our shirts off because it was so hot, the the ice cream truck was very welcome! It was like a bunch of little kids running towards the ice cream truck. haha.

My friend exited the teepad off the front, then my other friend drove after he walked a little out of the way, and as he was walking to the basket he got hit straight in the back of the head. Was a close hit too; must have hurt.

Also, a different time, the one who threw the one that hit my other friend in the back of the head, was walking, and just messing around, another friend threw a disc towards him, and it barely nicked his head and only made his hat fly off. Everyone was tweaking out and he only thought someone flicked his hat off with their hand, not a disc :p

Anyone who walks off the tee, down the fairway and in the way of the next player in their group deserves to get hit in the back of the head. That is selfish, rude and unsafe behavior. Would you see that happen on a Ball Golf course? Hell No!

I saw a guy who did that, only one in the group. So I mentioned to him that he should wait for others to tee off first before walking down the fairway. He says "I know what I'm doing, dude." If there was any justice in this world, that's when a Boss hit him upside the head. Oh well, he'll learn soon enough.

Anyone who walks off the tee, down the fairway and in the way of the next player in their group deserves to get hit in the back of the head. That is selfish, rude and unsafe behavior. Would you see that happen on a Ball Golf course? Hell No!

I want to know who's heartless enough to throw their drive when someone else is only a few yards away, and in front of the tee box. Like the girlfriend that got hit 20' from the tee with a driver. What was the guy thinking who threw the disc with her in his line of sight?

On the point of who's at fault, I tend to agree with the park management service. Just because the pedestrians are clueless zombies, that doesn't mean it's okay to throw at them. Would you fire a pistol when there are people standing on the range? It's really the same principle.

I see lots of groups of TDDs here, and they all seem to have this habit. Each throws their drive, then starts wandering in the direction of their lie. The next player then drives right over or past their head, and starts walking toward their disc. By the time the 6th guy in the group throws, you have no idea how he doesn't nail one of his 5 friends wandering around the fairway.

Like the girlfriend that got hit 20' from the tee with a driver. What was the guy thinking who threw the disc with her in his line of sight?

Actually there where 3 of us within about 5 feet so any of us could have been nailed. It was that guys first time out as well and he had been in the trees all day. He went fairly deep in the woods this time and putted out. So we all thought he was done and went up to clear our discs from the basket. He then decided to throw his driver at the basket with full power "just to make it out of the woods". He's not one to think through his actions much. He did feel really bad. (To this day he will immediately do absolutely anything she asks. It's kind of amusing.) But he does dumb stuff like this all the time; even though he is the type of guy that would do absolutely anything for anyone. He's now much better about etiquette. We gave him that one for free, but he knows that he won't be so lucky if he does something similar again. ;) Just thought I'd expand a bit on the story.

Latest posts