• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

John E McCray now sponsored by Salient Discs Pro Team

Aim For The Chains

FROLF OFF!
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Current PDGA Rating:1032

John E McCray is well known in the southern part of the US for his courteous demeanor, fierce turbo putting, and ability to compete with the best players on the planet any given day.

John with his wife Jen's support has recently decided to chase John's dream of touring full time on the PDGA Tour in hopes of winning a world championship. Salient has joined forces with John to give him the support to help make his dreams come true. Look for John on a course near you.

http://salient-discs.com/salient-pro-team/

image.jpg

Interesting. This will make it harder for some to hate on salient....as there is just no reason not to like john.

exactly. These moves aren't really about winning tournaments IMO but rather brand exposure and with cam/johnE its a win.

he was kickin ass in them majestic

i think he could do better than salient just sayin

not sure if i should be or not, but i'm surprised he left gateway

Sign a couple relatively known pros and watch that bad press just evaporate.

Interesting move. They must have ponied up some serious cash up front. Its amazing how much the pro DG scene is mirroring what has happened in e-sports over the past few years.

I wonder if he had to leave. Gateway allows mixed bags. This could be a dual sponsorship.

Could be interesting as salient doesn't have anywhere close to a full lineup yet. I wonder with these signings how fast they will put together a more full lineup.

Sign a couple relatively known pros and watch that bad press just evaporate.

Interesting move. They must have ponied up some serious cash up front. Its amazing how much the pro DG scene is mirroring what has happened in e-sports over the past few years.

Agreed. People hated on the catalyst around here but it brought in some change for salient even JUST doing the math for preorder #'s. Their new bag is legit too and honestly the backdraft/vein molds are very good discs.

I actually liked the Prometheus for what it was. I am curious to see some JohnE rollers with one lol.

I'm guessing he is still with Gateway as well. It's not like Salient has a whole lineup or anything. What do they have 3 discs? You can't buy my respect you need to earn it. JohnE is awesome though!

So Aim, is the sequel to your DC thread going to be "Gateway needs to step their game back up?"

No companies like gateway and salient IMO would benefit in working together like they did with yukin. Salient players really wouldn't need putters from Salient then for suuuuure.

John and Dmac have been good friends for a long time. It is kinda like a friends support friends sponsorship. None of the players need to carry just salient but they do need to wear are gear, bags, and carry our molds but they can still have a mixed bag. In the next 3 months we should be adding an additional 6 molds to our line up. Both Cam and John will each have a signature disc.

Latest posts