• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

JomezPro Acquired by DGPT

If you're on Android, there's an app to block all ads and even skips ads embedded in the content. It's free, but you have to put work into finding and installing it.

Does that include the ad reads embedded within the content?
I still see ads on the Jomez and Gatekeeper content for example, which is fine. I watch and listen to a lot of music content and those vids were always being interrupted by ads, always at the most inopportune time. Now I don't have to deal with that any more.

Some YT channels are figuring out the anti-ad stuff and doing their own advertising within their video. The anti-ad stuff won't skip that. Jomez pops up and talks about whatever product is supporting them and Foundation folks are another group that stop what they are doing and tell you who is sponsoring their video. I think the anti-ad stuff sees that as part of the video and not an ad.

I subscribed to YT premium as well. The random unrelated ads make it unwatchable IMO.

The content creator ads don't usually bother me as much. If I'm actively watching the video I'll FF.

But, I do hate all the gambling ads that are associated with pretty much every sporting event.

I'm really liking the Jomez content on DGN. It's even making me reconsider dropping my subscription through the Winter. I'd watched some of it previously on You Tube, but the ads were insufferable.

I imagine paying 4 pros + 2 hosts + all the camera folks and renting the event space for a 2-3 hour period of time wasn't being covered by 200k views + Patreon.

Comparing view counts for something out under a month vs. 10+ months ago is a bit mismatched. The putting game came out on YT first while these Catch series were on DGN first (I think?).

I imagine paying 4 pros + 2 hosts + all the camera folks and renting the event space for a 2-3 hour period of time wasn't being covered by 200k views + Patreon.

Comparing view counts for something out under a month vs. 10+ months ago is a bit mismatched. The putting game came out on YT first while these Catch series were on DGN first (I think?).
Hehe if you're offering me even odds that Earhart catch hits 200k 10 months from now, I've got some money for you.

Damn DGPT really cut the 200k views of the (admittedly strained) Putting Game so they could show Ben Callaway throwing ultra stars with fellow charisma-god Brian Earhart to 16k people.
Jomez did so much better than the DGPT or DGN presenting the sport. It's like when a regional restaurant that makes perfect food is bought up by the LLC conglomerate and they immediately start making corporate changes "for the better," and you're left with fast food approach to a product.