• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Juggernaut

I believe Innova used the 11 speed Wraith bottom/core with the Monster top to make the Max so maybe they decided to up the rim width with the 12 speed Destroyer/Xcal bottom/core and the same top with the Juggernaut.

The patent number removal happened to the core piece of the mold (which is usually kept with the bottom rim piece). My Infinite Slabs/HyzerBomb Sabots/Innova Wraiths all have a 4 part etch pattern. The 3 part etch pattern is common among all the 12 speed molds I listed here in various runs and the picture of the Juggernaut you shared:

Any signs of the flat top process being used or does the Juggernaut have a bit of dome?

I checked other more recent discs (patent removed) from Innova and none had the same pattern. Wraith, Roc, Cobra, JLS (Millenium but), Leopard, Teebird, Firebird, Thunderbird...it only matched the Xcal.

I've never thrown an Infinite mold.

You're talking to the wrong person about "3"ing a disc - I believe it's marketing not magic. Flat Teebirds and domey T3s exist.

Juggernaut is high shoulder to flat top.

Just based on the 1st page of this thread, I can't imagine this disc taking up a slot in the bag of a noodle arm like me.

I bought 3 juggernauts and they all had a pop top dome

Fun to mess around with for now and I keep one in the cart ... and it actually proved useful in some heavy wind today

Trash mold. (bold statement I know)

Call me crazy but pros will throw these only due to incentives, not because they love the flight.

I played 36 holes and threw it accordingly...zero times was I happy or said "man that would have been good if" type phrases. 100% of the time was instant regret. Banshees are very consistent and reliable for what they are. This was more akin to Groove OS. Banshee-like flight but just, well, unreliable lol. BH/FH/thumber/hammer/grenade all fell short no pun intended.

It's going in the VIP PIF box for others to try. I'll never throw it again after today.

Hopefully others get use out of this? Otherwise the Juggernaut is going Ape status and forgotten/OOP real quick.

I guess somebody's still buying DX Apes. Still listed in the Factory Store's full production section. Don't understand why Banshees (DX or otherwise) went out of production though. Everyone switch to Firebirds? Champ Eagle-X?

Anyway. Halo Juggernaut? LOL until I literally double my power there's no point.

With my noodle arm, I don't think I'd reach for this disc very often. However...

IF (as the name implies), it is great at plowing through obstacles like bushes, brushy rough, and dense foliage, I can definitely see bagging one. It'd be a great 2nd shot disc on courses like Toboggan and Northwood Black. ;)

With my noodle arm, I don't think I'd reach for this disc very often. However...

IF (as the name implies), it is great at plowing through obstacles like bushes, brushy rough, and dense foliage, I can definitely see bagging one. It'd be a great 2nd shot disc on courses like Toboggan and Northwood Black. ;)

I've always wondered what, exactly, makes a disc good at plowing through foliage?

I've always wondered what, exactly, makes a disc good at plowing through foliage?

In my experience a wedge shaped wing and throwing hard af. Your Firebird/Flare/Raptor type discs, A2/Justice if your talking slower.

I would think:

1) mass, density

2) low profile, to more easily squeeze/slice through gaps on growth.

I would think:

1) mass, density

2) low profile, to more easily squeeze/slice through gaps on growth.

180g Reactors/Hexes/other small diameter mids match that description. Also my board flat 179g Pinnacle Rival, among others. Maybe my flat 184g AGL Beech. What you propose makes sense. F=ma, M=mv, and all that good stuff. High mass with a small profile. I'm buying it.

Forget the Juggernaut for a second, and perhaps science? Wouldn't something sharper cut through better than a blunt edge? Sharp=easier redirection but also more penetration. My thought here is coming from ammunition fwiw

Forget the Juggernaut for a second, and perhaps science? Wouldn't something sharper cut through better than a blunt edge? Sharp=easier redirection but also more penetration. My thought here is coming from ammunition fwiw

Totally agree that sharp beats blunt for this purpose.

See posts #49 & 50.
Although I didn't explicitly say so, when I said "low profile," I was picturing a sharp edge. Not a putter or mid type cross section.

Something that could slice through foliage, with the heft to provide enough momentum to push past relatively dense growth, provided it doesn't s hit something really solid.

So is the juggernaut more stable than a Max/Slab? I have some of the board flat concrete slabs (Koling signature) that are quite stable but the wind in Texas has been terrible so something even more stable would be great.

Latest posts