• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Just two discs

Carl311

Just wondering what everyones choices would be when playing a two disc round. We've seen the one disc, three disc, six disc/mold threads, so heres the two disc poll.

My picks:

177 esp Buzzz for putting, approaches, and fairway shots.
150 ESP Flick for straight drives (LHFH), max d, go left (lhfh), go right (Lhbh), overhands, skips, and get out of trouble shots. So versatile...

On a pitch and putt course I would bring the buzzz and a rhyno.

Im really trying to improve my form enough to replace the Flick with a Teebird for better control, but I have to stop turning it over!

Looking forward to seeing yall's picks...

PS: The reason I am curious is that this summer I played a round with a dude who was throwing a xcal and a challenger and killing it! He threw BH, FH and OVH shots to cover whatever line he needed. He says he used to play with a big bag full of discs, but had discovered he did just as good with two (and a backup driver incase his xcal took a swim...)

that would be tough...

i think i would have to go with
TeeBird (possibly Wraith)
Buzz

I would be forced to say flx buzzz flx challenger. It would be hard to do.

If I could throw fore hand I would pick a wasp over the buzzz

It would depend on the course. Out of my bag, on a short course:

150 Impact
175 Aviar

Longer:

150 Polaris (Maybe a champ Leopard if it heavily wooded)
165 Element

my 172g Champion Orc (very versatile)
and a 174g Elite X Challenger (even though it is no longer in my bag)

short
buzzz wizard

long
roadrunner/wizard

if really short i'd go wizard/monarch - just cause i use the monarch for overhands and a wizard is good to 280ish...

AvengerSS - so versatile. I can just about make it dance and sing. Good for fairway or tee.
QMS - putt, approach, mid-range.

Wizard!
Probably a Roc.

Do doubt about the Wizard, but I don't know if I would use a mid, or maybe a fairway driver, like say my beloved T-Bone, for the other disc. I could do an all Gateway set-up, and use my Warrior instead of the Roc.