• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Kastaplast Berg

They need to make the opaque and clear K1 differentiated. I would throw the opaque into the K2 designation and keep the clear as K1.

Need that k3 firm

I also wouldn't mind a nice soft-landing K3 Berg (not that the Berg exactly "runs away!").

Since the "trend" has long been baseline plastics Soft, Medium, Hard varieties(EV-7, Trilogy Brands, MVP labels, Gateway's 9,000 different blends, etc.), maybe we'll get spoiled by those crazy Swedes.

I really also hoped for firmer K1 for the regrind Bergs, but it seems they only ran them Soft. Maybe THAT's where all the K2s went!

Admittedly, the non-glow regrind is a beige that looks as if it came from a paint sample for an institutional facility for the mentality infirm from 1844. That "Ugglan" Owl is really cool, though.

One left: https://discsport.eu/disc/k1-regrind-berg-ugglan

I would say K1 is generally a little more flexible then Champion but far more grip. I've had a half dozen discs in K1 also. I really like it. I wish they would come out with a Zone type of disc and some better drivers then the Grym/X. I personally thought they felt too shallow so I never bought one.

An OS approach disc is actually the next mold they're working on per a Swedish DG podcast. Kasta's newest plastic, K3 Hard, is out in the wild with a run of K3 Hard Bergs. Feels great; same tackiness as K3 but stiffer with less flex. IMO K3 didn't really feel like a soft plastic to begin with, so I'm not sure that a K3 Hard was necessary, but I'll throw it all the same. Word is the next mold in K3 Hard will be the Reko.

An OS approach disc is actually the next mold they're working on per a Swedish DG podcast. Kasta's newest plastic, K3 Hard, is out in the wild with a run of K3 Hard Bergs. Feels great; same tackiness as K3 but stiffer with less flex. IMO K3 didn't really feel like a soft plastic to begin with, so I'm not sure that a K3 Hard was necessary, but I'll throw it all the same. Word is the next mold in K3 Hard will be the Reko.

Any links to reports on the K3 Hard being released? I haven't been quite as active on the FB group lately, but I haven't heard of anything actually being released.

I'm very much looking forward to the K3 Hard Reko!

*made the edit window! apparently the monthly mailer (that I received lol) from Par Plastics last month was the K3 Hard Berg? I need to find where I stored that bad boy!

Last edited:
converted a homie to berg gang today. he threw it really well first time out. such great disc and so easyt to use. I have 3 but my first buttermilk k1 soft is still my favorite

i dont think so. royal plastic just came out at xmas as far as i know. I really think that kastaplast made other companies step up their plastics game

Any links to reports on the K3 Hard being released? I haven't been quite as active on the FB group lately, but I haven't heard of anything actually being released.

I'm very much looking forward to the K3 Hard Reko!

*made the edit window! apparently the monthly mailer (that I received lol) from Par Plastics last month was the K3 Hard Berg? I need to find where I stored that bad boy!

Yep! The Ace mystery box for May included a first release K3 Hard Berg. Here's a link to the 'Don't Shoot Disc Golf #53 podcast w/ Anders Källström. They start to discuss new things from Kasta around the 30min mark. Only explicitly mentions K3 Hard and the new OS disc in the works, but very exciting that he initially says new plastics, plural, that they're working on.

"Soft Berg" sound kind of funny, not to many "soft mountains" around ;)
Berg is mountain in Swedish.

As most mountains are hard....Hard BERG sounds better to say :)

And it was also kind of fun that K2 Berg was the "soft" one. . .K2 is one of the hardest mountains in the world to climb...nothing "Soft" about the moutain K2 ;)

But the old kastaplast molds are all "fun" in their naming (in Swedish). . the new ones are mostly boring and all over the place.

I saw the original K2 Bergs (not K1 soft) are going for lots of money on ebay. Not to say that the new K1 soft bergs are going for cheap.

I bought mine for retail last year and now I'm second guessing throwing them. Damn secondary market.

Strange, K2 BERGS is not really a rare disc, and the K1 soft can be bought in store in Sweden and the shipping to the US is not bad at all.

But yes the secondary market IS strange...people buy used disc for more than new ...even though new ones are in stock in stores.

Dan Howard K2 Bergs in my stash . . .

Let the [Facebook] bidding begin:popcorn:

I lucked out a few months ago while browsing OTB and found a purple K2 Berg they had from some old stock, because it had some stamp wear. Crazy how much they're going for, but I'm not one to put a disc on the wall. Only exception would be if I had a first run K2.

BERG K3 Hard will drop on friday here i Sweden

k3hardberg.jpg

saw some k3 bergs in black this week. bought a blue w gold stamp k1 soft though.