• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Kastaplast Berg

I've been bagging one for a week now. They start off a little slick/waxy, but the grip is great overall. Kastaplast did a good job keeping the feel of K3 while making the plastic more firm, which is what I was hoping for. The K3 Hard Berg seems to have a touch more glide than the regular K3, but mine is a small sample size.

I just got another order in today with a few more. I'm going to try and work them into my long range spin-putter spot, currently occupied by a beat-up K3 Reko.

So… K3 Hard makes me very happy to see!

When are Rekos coming out in it?!

I don't think we've gotten a firm :D date yet, but overall production seems to be getting caught up, and they had a lot of these Bergs available on release. Hopefully that all means they're ready to run the Rekos pretty soon and we'll get them before the end of the year! Fingers crossed.

An OS approach disc is actually the next mold they're working on per a Swedish DG podcast. Kasta's newest plastic, K3 Hard, is out in the wild with a run of K3 Hard Bergs. Feels great; same tackiness as K3 but stiffer with less flex. IMO K3 didn't really feel like a soft plastic to begin with, so I'm not sure that a K3 Hard was necessary, but I'll throw it all the same. Word is the next mold in K3 Hard will be the Reko.

Two excellent pieces of news. A Kastaplast Zone is what I want, we shall see what we get. Hopefully not a BB Aviar style Reko...

I am hopeful the K3 Hard will be less prone to warping than the soft. On the Kaxe it would make a significant difference to me. The warping isn't as bad as XT but it is there.

I ordered a couple K3 Hard Bergs which are on the way. I much prefer a harder plastic for throwing, even K3 was a bit soft for my personal taste. Discs just seem to come out cleaner with a stiffer blend. More dependable. Putting though medium is good. I like a little more grip to catch the chains and get a little more spin on the disc.

I ordered a couple K3 Hard Bergs which are on the way. I much prefer a harder plastic for throwing, even K3 was a bit soft for my personal taste. Discs just seem to come out cleaner with a stiffer blend. More dependable. Putting though medium is good. I like a little more grip to catch the chains and get a little more spin on the disc.

Send your unwanted regular K3 discs my way! :hfive:

This thread needs more pictures!

Still in the bag, love this thing:

1OsKW8q.jpg

OzaiGlV.jpg

I'm no dyer (except bright pink or chartreuse baths...nothing intricate). Yes it still glows!

I got 2 new K3 Bergs yesterday, a soft and a hard. Both have the same stamp just with one saying "hard", so I presume it is a brand new run of each. Previous DGCR reports had said K3 Bergs were significantly less glidey and more OS than the K1 Bergs, but these are certainly not. They have about the same "puddle" as my K1, and they both fly dead straight under power, and minimal fade at low power. They are also incredibly glidey. I was actually banging chastity belt with them while putting because the glide kept them higher in the air than anticipated.

On the one hand I am perplexed by the other DGCR reports about K3 Bergs, but on the other hand I am delighted by how straight and glidey (while still range limiting) these are.

My experience with K3 was they were less stable than the K1 glows I have. I have a couple from a few years ago, less puddle than the K1 also.

I got 2 new K3 Bergs yesterday, a soft and a hard. Both have the same stamp just with one saying "hard", so I presume it is a brand new run of each. Previous DGCR reports had said K3 Bergs were significantly less glidey and more OS than the K1 Bergs, but these are certainly not. They have about the same "puddle" as my K1, and they both fly dead straight under power, and minimal fade at low power. They are also incredibly glidey. I was actually banging chastity belt with them while putting because the glide kept them higher in the air than anticipated.

On the one hand I am perplexed by the other DGCR reports about K3 Bergs, but on the other hand I am delighted by how straight and glidey (while still range limiting) these are.

therse not a soft k3 berg is there?

After reading this thread this afternoon, curiosity got the better of me and I went to our local disc shop and bought a white K3. The 1 103 flight numbers were what I assumed, but yeah, like others found out, this thing flies controllably well. More glide than the numbers would have you think, easy to make fly straight and level, successfully longer putts than the numbers would have you believe, throws very well, likes short hyzer approaches and CAN do short anhyzer approaches, which is what I bag my Pig and Fierce to do. I even threw it upside down….and it likes that too lol. I did notice that when she's done, she's done and the flight ends with not much slide or skip. I love the feel. Reminds me of my Pro Pig. Glad I read the thread, glad I bought this disc. I'll be buying two more tomorrow. For me it's going to be way more than a seldom used utility disc.

After reading this thread this afternoon, curiosity got the better of me and I went to our local disc shop and bought a white K3. The 1 103 flight numbers were what I assumed, but yeah, like others found out, this thing flies controllably well. More glide than the numbers would have you think, easy to make fly straight and level, successfully longer putts than the numbers would have you believe, throws very well, likes short hyzer approaches and CAN do short anhyzer approaches, which is what I bag my Pig and Fierce to do. I even threw it upside down….and it likes that too lol. I did notice that when she's done, she's done and the flight ends with not much slide or skip. I love the feel. Reminds me of my Pro Pig. Glad I read the thread, glad I bought this disc. I'll be buying two more tomorrow. For me it's going to be way more than a seldom used utility disc.

wait til you end up with 5-6-7-etc and then start buying them for gifts. its weird lol

Props too for having a proper disc golf brick and mortar.