• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Kastaplast Berg

Scott has been using the Berg for a while. I've put one bag in the bag after losing my upshot confidence about a month back and it's been great. I've been spin putting with it for a couple of weeks and it's been working well.

I have a K3 Berg, and I put it back in the bag as the winds have picked up locally. The best windy day putter ever. That 1 glide keeps it from getting carried away in a crosswind, or blowing over the basket in a headwind (most of the time).

New video out with Scott, he putts with the Berg and throws other Kastaplast disc, he even dress in Kastaplast T-shirts. . but i don´t se him on the Kastaplast team.

Must be odd to make a "K3 Berg Scott Stokely Tour Series" disc to a player that´s NOT even on the team. . .what i´m i missing?

New video out with Scott, he putts with the Berg and throws other Kastaplast disc, he even dress in Kastaplast T-shirts. . but i don´t se him on the Kastaplast team.

Must be odd to make a "K3 Berg Scott Stokely Tour Series" disc to a player that´s NOT even on the team. . .what i´m i missing?

From what I read on Facebook from Scott himself he and Kastaplast owner Anders are friends since way back and I got the feeling from his post that he will be on the Kastaplast Team next year. Could be that it's from Januari 1st and that KP don't want to add him officially before that. January 1st is also when his Tour series K3 Berg will be released...

Eric Oakley will also bag a Berg next season, so two new Berg-throwers on the Pro Tour in 2022. With more open bag players, maybe we'll see even more Bergs on tour soon. But I still think there won't be a huge problem getting Bergs since they seem to make a bunch of them.

This is the best part of "open bag players" we can see small brands on the tour, small brands that could never afford to have a top touring pro

Kastaplast had a profit of $336000 in 2020. . so they could have a bigger pro if they wanted yo drop all their profit on ONE player

This is the best part of "open bag players" we can see small brands on the tour, small brands that could never afford to have a top touring pro

Kastaplast had a profit of $336000 in 2020. . so they could have a bigger pro if they wanted yo drop all their profit on ONE player

I also like the Jomez videos where they put the disc being thrown up on the screen. Unfortunately, it is only for tee shots and some long distance putts.

I've been liking Kastaplast and have been considering trying the Berg....Scott's video convinced me to get one the next time I'm at my local disc golf store. If it ends up in my bag, it will join the Kaxe and Svea. I also have a Kaxe Z and Falk that make my bag when they would fit the course I play.

k1beorg.webp

^^^ Is the Oakley Berg any different or just a stamp?

When you say profit do you mean pure profit after all expenses including payroll? Not bad for that size operation. How do you know this?

^Stamp.

Does anyone have info on what K2 is becoming? Seems weird they changed it to K1 soft (I get it though) without hearing a peep about what may become K2...

K1, K1 soft........K3...profit?

iu

Wow thanks, it seems that all companies in Sweden have public books? That is insane.

For me thats the norm. . i did not even think about that other countrys DONT have those numbers public, , so for me it´s insane to not have that info being public.

Even most personal ekonomics are public. .

For me thats the norm. . i did not even think about that other countrys DONT have those numbers public, , so for me it´s insane to not have that info being public.

Even most personal ekonomics are public. .

Wow, I always heard that asking someone's income wasn't taboo in all cultures, but I never imagined being able to simply google my neighbor's income. The Trump tax return saga must have been especially curious over there.

Flight numbers are the same for each plastic variation, but in my personal experience K3s fly more like 1/0/1/1 once they've been loved over a few rounds of play and tree kicks. Currently bagging a K3 Hard Berg, but haven't beat it in enough yet to tell if the same is true for the new plastic blend. I've never thrown one in K1 Soft, but I bag a K2 which should theoretically be the same expected flight; less stable than K1, but more stable than a beat K3. Overall I find their stability to be, in order of least to most stable: K3, K2/K1 Soft, K1/K1 Regrind/K1 Glow. I know some people have K1 Glows that fly more OS, but I never noticed much difference between those 3 K1 variants; for me they all fly as expected and the 2 fade is reliable.

In regards to dome, I've definitely noticed K2/K1 Soft is more prone to doming up in the middle, but I've seen K1s that do the same just not as regularly. Most K3s I've seen are flat to puddle topped. I love my puddle topped K2 Berg, but don't like throwing K2s with dome; they feel much deeper in my grip compared to puddle tops.

Lastly, K3 Hard feels exactly the same as K3 except it's firmer. I can bend a K3 Berg in my hand and it will have some flex, but K3 Hard is very stiff with little flex. Same feel as K3; overall I've found K3/Hard Bergs feel "smaller" than others; I've noticed the same thing about Rekos, but YMMV. If you're wanting a Berg without that dome in the middle then I'd suggest keeping an eye out on OTB for the next restock; they do a great job of describing the dome/firmness of every disc and it's great knowing what you're gonna get. My first K1 Reko had dome and I really disliked the disc until I got a puddle top K1 Reko that quickly became my favorite disc.
O

Sent from my SM-G991N using Tapatalk

Bump! Still throwing this beauty, I benched the K3s for a bit to give the Pinnacle Clutch another fair shot (more overstable and less glide than normal Clutches). The brainwave part of the dye in the center is fading and bleeding a bit while the spin dye is holding strong in both regards - I expected that.

Any new Berg lovers on here? Took me a bit to adjust to the lack of both HST and LSF, typically a disc with that kind of high speed stability also has a hefty fade...not the Berg.

FULL SIZE IMAGE HERE

yU1dspQ.jpg

Thoroughly enjoyed watching Charlie Goodpasture's shots with the Berg yesterday at Throw Down the Mountain. That was my first time seeing someone throw one in competition, and it's such a pretty blue. That Brainwave Dye is looking good though. My K1 Ice Berg is like a basket pole magnet. It constantly wants to sit right below the basket.

I recently joined Team Berg. It's ability to simply sit down means that it replaced soft versions of various putters I've used over the years (most recently, a soft Tui). It has almost additionally replaced the Pig, for short flicks and very predictable fades. The Pig is still called on for those really sharp turning angles (the disc just steers itself), but as I learn angles with the Berg, I'm thinking the Pig's days are numbered.

The Berg is accompanied in my bag by the Reko K3 (putting) and Reko K3 Hard (stable to neutral approach).

"If it's closer than 175', the answer is Kastaplast."

Latest posts