• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Keen Milo 2

This is the shoe I currently wear but those Milo 2's look great.

Anyone know of anything like this shoe with a Vibram sole?

I have a pair of the non gortex version and they are my favorite golf shoes. that being said they are not the most durable shoe. maybe I need to buy my next pair from a place that has lifetime product support?

Keen scares me. I went through 2 pairs before I finally gave up. The lugs on the in-step portion of the sole just kept getting torn off. Just bad design for my sloppy x-step. Merrell's didn't last either. my current Vasques are solid so far. Also have a pair of Lowa's, whoever the heck they are, that are holding up well.

I had a pair of those Saloman shoes that I completely destroyed in less then 8 months. The whole front top meshing was coming off, and where the laces "lace" completely broke, as did the lace. I replaced them with a pair of Asolo Flame GTX, and I couldn't be happier. They are a tad more bulky, but work wonders, and actually ARE waterproof unlike the Salomans.

I had a pair of those Saloman shoes that I completely destroyed in less then 8 months.

When I'm playing a lot I've never had any shoes last more than 6 months (salomon, merrill, columbia, north face, lowa)...If all else holds together, I still wear holes in the back inside part of the shoes and wear the tread bald. I try and rotate shoes just to make it seem like they last longer.

When I'm playing a lot I've never had any shoes last more than 6 months (salomon, merrill, columbia, north face, lowa)...If all else holds together, I still wear holes in the back inside part of the shoes and wear the tread bald. I try and rotate shoes just to make it seem like they last longer.
What terrain do you typical play in?

What terrain do you typical play in?

Grass...The cement teepads just tear up the soles and wear them completely bald over time. My mid forefoot where I pivot goes first, and without tread there it's very had to get decent footing on grass, especially if wet(in the summer here) or dry and dead (in the winter here).

I bought some new balance trail running shoes 5 days ago and the bottom of my pivot foot is already falling off both sides...ugh. Threw away the receipt heh.

I got a pair about a month ago. good shoe so far ,great for keeping my feet dry. they do slip on the rubber tee pads if there wet! and the inside lugs look like they wont last long .I know two people that I play with that have had the same problem with the inside lug and glued them back .its cool to have a shoe made for discgolf ! think you can only get from internet

It's a shame Keen didn't learn from their previous shoe, you can't have a disc golf shoe with that glued on Vibram outsole being the friction/torque point between the shoe and the ground. It will rip off every time, it's not a matter of if, it's when. It's pretty common to have different layers of rubber and cushion that make up the space between what your foot sits on and what touches the ground, and I know they do it for comfort, but I would really rather see that be a more solid and hefty single piece of rubber.

I've been struggling with what dg shoes to buy this year. I was leaning towards Keen or merrells, not so sure now lol. These are the ones I've been eyeing;

Keen Red Rock Mid

I need something with a higher cut....

I've been struggling with what dg shoes to buy this year. I was leaning towards Keen or merrells, not so sure now lol. These are the ones I've been eyeing;

Keen Red Rock Mid

I need something with a higher cut....

Been sporting my red rock mids for 2 months now...no signs of wear and I play every day. I have destroyed all previous shoes pretty fast.

milo 2 is just another shoe except it has a basket logo

im currently waiting for keen to warranty my milo2s. the lugs all around on both feet are coming off. i bought them in December and have played almost entirely in the snow. A shoe is a shoe no matter what they say they are for.

i'm waiting on a pair of new balance 1520gt to arrive in a day or 2 they have a vibram sole that the lugs cant separate from and seem super tough but only time will tell.
if they dont hold up im going to get these lowa shoes but they cost 180
Renegade II GTX Lo
http://www.lowaboots.com/catalog/ShowBoot.cfm?StockNum=3109529999&Category=3&Type=M

From what I've heard, the Milo II's aren't that great. Sure, all the tops pros wear them. BECAUSE THEY'RE PAID TO! And I'm sure they probably could get a new pair whenever they need one. All I'm saying is just do some research. I went with a pair of Merrell Kinetics. Got them a few months ago. I've played about 30 rounds with them so far and the soles still look brand new.

http://www.merrell.com/US/en-US/Pro...inetic-Mid-Waterproof-Wide-Width?dimensions=0