Kristin Tattar #73986

By my calculations KT will need a 997 rated round today to get to a 1000 this reset. Do note that I'm sometimes 1 off, however, and some round ratings might change when they're finalized.
Thought I'd throw this in here, she's playing Persimmon Ridge A-tier today and a good round should get her to a 1000.

Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

With Tattar coming up at 999 rating yet again with today's update, makes me wonder how many strokes total over the past month she would have needed over all those 4 weekends/13 rounds to attain 1000 rated.

Tournament (rounds) - weekend averages:
Open at Austin (3) - 1000
USWDGC (4) - 985
TX States (3) - 1000
Persimmon Ridge (3) - 1007

1 stroke per round at USWDGC would have made it close. Each stroke was worth a little more at TX States and Persimmon so could have been just a stroke per round at each of those 3 round events as well.

Upcoming tournaments:
Jonesboro
Music City
Champions Cup
DDO

Jonesboro and Music City are pretty similar but she didn't dominate either course last year. She has just 2 rated rounds at Northwoods back in 2022 @ Ledgestone so that could be a real test for the 4 round Major - not sure how grown in those woods holes will be at this point compared to later in the summer in Peoria. She has handled Emporia wind conditions better than most over the years so I expect a decent showing there.

It would be cool if PDGA or StatMando broke down player performance at specific courses over their career.

With Tattar coming up at 999 rating yet again with today's update, makes me wonder how many strokes total over the past month she would have needed over all those 4 weekends/13 rounds to attain 1000 rated.

Tournament (rounds) - weekend averages:
Open at Austin (3) - 1000
USWDGC (4) - 985
TX States (3) - 1000
Persimmon Ridge (3) - 1007

1 stroke per round at USWDGC would have made it close. Each stroke was worth a little more at TX States and Persimmon so could have been just a stroke per round at each of those 3 round events as well.

Upcoming tournaments:
Jonesboro
Music City
Champions Cup
DDO

Jonesboro and Music City are pretty similar but she didn't dominate either course last year. She has just 2 rated rounds at Northwoods back in 2022 @ Ledgestone so that could be a real test for the 4 round Major - not sure how grown in those woods holes will be at this point compared to later in the summer in Peoria. She has handled Emporia wind conditions better than most over the years so I expect a decent showing there.

It would be cool if PDGA or StatMando broke down player performance at specific courses over their career.
By my estimates, literally 1 or 2 strokes in any of her most recent ones would've bumped her up to 1000.

No, it wouldn't be cool. I've done that, and there is no evidence whatsoever that any players do better on certain courses vs. other courses. Rather than cool, it would be sad to destroy the mythology everyone cherishes so much. It would take away one more thing that lets us pretend that our destiny is under our control.

So forget I said anything.

No, it wouldn't be cool. I've done that, and there is no evidence whatsoever that any players do better on certain courses vs. other courses. Rather than cool, it would be sad to destroy the mythology everyone cherishes so much. It would take away one more thing that lets us pretend that our destiny is under our control.

So forget I said anything.
Steve, wait... are you saying that... some players are just better than others?

Almost like you can obtain some kind of latent measure of ability to approximate it?

And furthermore account for expected deviations in performance?

If she DNFs tomorrow and spends the rest of April on the couch, she will be the 1st 1000 rated female.