• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Bolt Approved

Bought one yesterday, thrown it about 2 dozen times. Seems to throw like a very fast valkyrie with more glide. Feels a little grippier than my other GL discs but that could just be me. Gets real flippy in a headwind too

Yeah, there will.

I am loving this disc and I'm quite confident it'll replace my 163 gl halo. They fly almost identical for me, except the bolt will slowly turn then hold the line and glide for a bit before fading. Whereas the my 163 halo will dart right and hold the line for a second then fade. I'm loving the disc thus far and only thrown it about a dozen times.

Will there be more after the first thousands disc are sold? I think I'm gonna need a back up...

Wrote to Tomas at Lat 64. He was very prompt in response. 1000 more coming out in purple as part of fundraising for the Worlds. Then regular production of the Bolt this fall.

Like the Bolt alot. Less touchy in the wind than my Vulcan. Similar distance as the Vulcan with with better control and 10% less arm. The glide is impressive.

I picked one of these up. So far i love it. Im a big vision thrower for turnover shots and this disc is basically like a vision on crack. Lots of glide and feels almost faster than they are saying it is. Maybe it just feels like that with the glide.

cant wait for opto to come out.

I agree it's much grippier than the other GL.

A couple other things I've noticed: It really turns like a finely seasoned disc. It takes a good year of Sidewinder use to get one to turn this easy and yet it comes back very nicely. Another thing is that it seems to lift throughout the HSS portion of its flight, which could be a negative if there's a ceiling. But that does make it glide a lot longer. It does seem to need hyzer flips or you can torque it over too much...which seemed to happen every time with the Vision which I couldn't throw.

I haven't tested it in a big headwind yet b/c I'm worried it's too understable

Just field tested my new GL pro worlds colorshift Bolt. Nice disc, probably didn't make the bag. The thing is super duper fast in the air, with super duper yet predictable turn to go with it. The fade at the end is very late and harder than I expected. The real problem I had with it was that there is a low margin for error. The disc has mad glide and doesn't turn and burn per say, but the fade comes so darn late that the disc often hits ground before it can arrive. When I gave the disc enough height it was great, some of my longest drives ever, but a lot of movement in the middle which would be impossible to manage on a semi tough course. I may bring it to the field to show up my buddies but its a trunk dweller for now.

I had a chance to get a few throws in with my 173 domey yellow production opto Bolt today...I wasn't sure what to expect, but I ended up having really great throws with it. It is very fast with a lot of high speed turn and a strong fade, with a nice helping of Lat64 glide. I was throwing it on low shots that were getting a full helix flight path without the disc moving up or down in the air and ending dead straight of where I threw from. I threw it about 420' on each of my throws, all straight helixes. It was kind of windy, but the disc did it's thing consistently in both directions I threw it. I'm impressed enough in this disc that it is going to get some time in the bag. It really flies differently than my other distance drivers.

The one and only thing I dislike about my bolt is Its inner rim depth. If it were just a litte deeper like my flow I think it would be my go to. It's still a fun disc to throw though.

got a couple on order from volo. I've decided that I need understable for when I get farther up in the hills, even here @ 6,800' my "stable" discs are more so, so I figure if I go harder under then maybe I can get some good stability. If that makes any sense. I want to play the leadville course next summer and right now I have a stratus and a trak that still hook a lot.

sounds neat. i'm trading for one i'll update once i throw it a few dozen times. the Havoc didn't seem to work with me. was really fast but just seemed to turn too much and couldn't control it well.

got a couple on order from volo. I've decided that I need understable for when I get farther up in the hills, even here @ 6,800' my "stable" discs are more so, so I figure if I go harder under then maybe I can get some good stability. If that makes any sense. I want to play the leadville course next summer and right now I have a stratus and a trak that still hook a lot.

I am very happy that you sent me that bolt for SS. It is such a great driver for me. Thanks again Fishy.

The uphill glide on these discs is just silly. I was throwing a Katana uphill before I got my hands on a Worlds GL Bolt. Haven't looked back. The Flow is another glidey understable one great for uphill shots.

The uphill glide on these discs is just silly. I was throwing a Katana uphill before I got my hands on a Worlds GL Bolt. Haven't looked back. The Flow is another glidey understable one great for uphill shots.

Of course, I just realized you were talking about "up in the hills" and not "uphill." Oh well. My statement still stands as true.

I am curious about the Bolt... Would anyone say it flies like a Nuke? Seems like it may be a tick more understable with a hook up at the end of flight.

I too am actually curious about the Bolt. I was doing research on the Westside King and the Bolt trying to decide which one to try and I'm leaning towards the Bolt. From all accounts that I have read and absorbed the Bolt basically has a slightly bigger rim but is a touch more understable all around with a lower power requirement. Is this true? And which disc would be better for a thrower with 400' of power with Valks and PDs?

I'm kinda leaning in favor of the King. The King's rim is a touch smaller, which I like. And it appears, from all accounts, that it will fade more predictably if it will even fade at all. I'm sure a Prerubing is in order here, but I'm not just looking for an opinion from someone who threw each disc twice. I'm looking for an opinion from a thrower that has given each disc a fair and true audition. I know you are out there, let me know!

Just got a Worlds Bolt, and an opto Flow so really excited!!! Threw both a couple of times today and they kept on going!