• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64: News, Updates, Discussion and Happenings

Glow lat is still being tested. They want it to be the best so they are taking their time don't expect it soon.

That saint is just an opaque opto. Glopto is clearer see through ish gold line.

Lots of current lighter gold line xxx's are of the glopto variety.

There's a Glow Saint for sale right now on Dollar Disc Golf Auctions: http://www.facebook.com/groups/dollardiscgolfauctions/450858628316293/

Probably where I saw it. and holy crap 42 dollars!!!

Glow lat is still being tested. They want it to be the best so they are taking their time don't expect it soon.

So glopto is less opaque GL not more opaque opto because I've seen bother referred to as glopto. irregardless of any of the the pink River is awesome, I had to grab it because it was the lightest opto river id seen.

Some of their plastic almost glows as it is. This should be fantastic when it hits the shelves.

I think opaque Opto isn't considered Glopto or a special blend because cloudy and opaque Champ/Z plastics are also not hard to come by. Translucent Star/ESP plastic would be something, though.

I just picked up a 175g optostriker, and wow, I really like it. I dunno about everyone else, but it seemed to be slightly more stable than my 174g opto saint. I threw my first round with it at league today, and I got the best score I have had at league. I was able to throw it really consistent, I threw it low and flat for the best shots. One more lat 64 disc in my bag. I also have an opto river, but it is much lighter and well used. I may have to pick up a fresh heavier opto river.

I think this ad from Lat 64 is great:

ba7e05a6ff67c6f146350cae3cc90891.jpg

Just picked up a 165 Goldline XXX. I was surprised with out it flew. I expected it to be crazy meathook overstable but it's not. It flies dead straight for about 200-250 feet then it starts a long "C" shaped turn. It doesn't make it all the way around the "C" but goes a good 3/4.

I was getting some amazing shots with it today on the course. It felt very controllable. Great to flick (which I'm not great at). I've gotten discs before that were supposed to have zero high speed turn but this is the best I've bought.

I don't have a huge arm and I got this mostly for a utility discs but there are a lot of shots off the tee I can use this for.

The thing I love most about it is it's very easy to range. I think it's the low glide. I can already tell it's going to be a very accurate disc for me.

I pulled a bolt out of a pond with no experience with L64 and immediately loved it. despite it being understable I put it on a slight anny with a sidearm and it sails w/ a long s-curve forever. Pushing really long drives with it.

Made some trade ins for a river and wasn't crazy about it at first but after some more time with it I am really liking it as well.

Made some trade ins for a river and wasn't crazy about it at first but after some more time with it I am really liking it as well.

I don't mean to get all fan boy here, but the River is truly a special disc. I recently returned to it after 5-6 months away, during which I've made significant improvement in my game, and man I cannot believe how easy this thing flies and how responsive it is. It's faster than I remember, too, which is probably more a testament to my increase in arm speed than anything else.

It'll definitely punish poor releases, though; that's the downside of how responsive it is. But if you're in the need of a stable control driver, man this thing is it in spades.

I love my LAT64 fairway lineup. I keep the River, Fury, and Saint in my bag.

River - Its the most versatile of the bunch. It throws awesome hyzers, laser beams, s-curves, and monster anhyzers. The only downside is you have to know how to throw it but it excels at everything. I should try putting with it to see if it can do that too! :)

Fury - Goes faaaaarr with a lot of glide. Best hyzer flip laser beams disc I've ever used. It's also great for easy controlled anhyzers. I can get big turnovers or slight turning arcs with a face back at the end. I just have to watch out for that extra glide.

Saint - I don't know how long it'll stay like it his but mine is very nicely overstable. I can get monster rips that fade left a long way at the end. Long drives with monster fade at the end is what I use this one for. I can also hyzer flip the snot out it if I don't want that big fade.

IMHO fairway lats excel at two things, fantastic glide and really good control.

I am going to start selling off some of my River collection if anyone needs some. I have a decent amount of 160-165 GL Rivers. I'll let the Lat 64 fan club have first dibs before I start a thread. Plus there is an Opto Sparkle Worlds Saint lurking in my stash somewhere. PM me if anyone is interested. I'll probaby make a sale thread in a week or so.

I have those three, plus an opto Pure. You pretty much hit it dead on with your descriptions.

I think there Midrange lineup is just as impressive if not more - Pain, Mace, Core, Fuse - overstable till understable. No need to beat them in... Add a putter and you don't even need drivers at all in the beginning...