• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64: News, Updates, Discussion and Happenings

All right so I ordered a bolt and a core opto these will be my first latitude 64 discs and I'm pretty excited. The only discs I've thrown so far are vibram.(just started disc golfing a couple weeks ago

It's just my imagination but I throw the old Rivers better than the new ones and I like the grip better too. I'm pretty sure it's all in my mind though.

Haha. I'm the same way when it comes to Saints. IMO it's a better,faster Teebird. :popcorn:

So I just got my gold bolt and opto core these discs are amazing the bolt feels like it may get a little getting used too. So far I really like the core.

anybody else feel that the plastic is changing a bit? getting grippier with time as they put out new ones?

Yes! My new RGL Diamond is grippier. It's also different in other ways...

Seeing some differences in RGL, too. My newer (yellow) Diamond has a marginally higher PLH and much less dome than my year-old version. The new RGL is also surprisingly pearly, making this Diamond look and fly like a mini TP Underworld; which is also awesome!

I have a new Opto Underworld, and I know what people mean when they say gummy, especially if it gets damp.

yeah, it seems like after DD and the others started to come out with their discs, lat started to get a little more tacky as well. almost like they realized "grip" is the new big deal right now, what with prodigy and everything . . . whatever they're doing, i'm down. kinda makes sense since lat makes all DD plastic, etc.

i like it. might make me consider building another bag in the future with more lat discs. i used to have an all lat bag.

I got in the mail a new Sword and Trident and both were extremely grippy and gummy, especially the Sword.

Opto/Lucid/VIP does seem to be gummy/grippier. Which is great by me! The GL is still awesomesauce and looks better and better. Both blends age really well (if you can even call it aging).

If they can get the VIP AIR to be a little more grippy, then it will be the bomb as well.

What's a good long distance putter that lat makes?

http://www.latitude64.se/golf-discs/putt-approach/

http://www.inboundsdiscgolf.com/con...89&id2=1692215&id3=4582615&id4=3365192&n=1139

I'd recommend either the Pure or the Spike, depending on whether you like deeper (Pure) or shallower (Spike) rims. Both handle a stronger torqued throw well and acutally can glide fairly far.

The Mercy and Sinus both have air brakes that prevent gaining too much distance, but make for great placement approach discs, with the Mercy being straight, and the Sinus biting into the fade.

The Pure is probably the most popular, and comes in premium plastic if you are into that for a driving putter.

Also don't forget Westside and Dynamic Discs which are made out of the same plastics in the Euro family and offer a bit more options total.