• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Saint

even though they have the same flight numbers i find strikers to be a lot more stable than saints. even my 164 gold striker is more stable than all my saints ranging from 166-169

Ordered 3 more opto saints from Volo. Ordered a blue and lavender metal flake and an orangeish red one all 175+. Hopefully I wont ace within a week like I did with my first one and these 3 will last for a while.

How awful for you. :|

Mmmmm. Saints.

The more I throw them, the more they seem to really stack up with a nice seasoned Star eagle. That Eagle HSS with Teebird LSS. So you get that sweet seasoned flight right off the shelf with that Latitude glide.

But what does that mean for a seasoned Saint? Will it lose too much HSS? Not sure. But I think I have decided to stick with Eagles. Will be keeping my bubblegum Saints around, though. I can easily slide them into the bag for "fun" rounds, or if I ever need something to take the place of a seasoned Eagle while I break a new one in.

Such a great disc though, I feel guilty letting it sit on the bench.

I honestly am considering putting together an all latitude bag for fun rounds. Since I have such a strong love for Rivers and Fuses already.

Last edited:
ANyone else who threw a striker before this find themselves leaving ti at home? Seems to be way to similar to my saint.

The Striker is the disc I took out of my bag to make room for the Saint. I knew before I even threw the Saint that I wouldn't need both of them in my bag at the same time

yeah gold line is a different beast than the opts. I would say go opto all day. the gold line is way less hss. the fade is there but way later in its flight. The gold line needs a ton of room r to l to get its flight.

I don't agree with this. The GLs stay on a rope with a little bit of a hyzer flip.

I don't agree with this. The GLs stay on a rope with a little bit of a hyzer flip.
hyzer flip yes, i will take your word, i however cannot flip that consistently. These move way more than optos do with out a flip. I am in a learning mode with these and some field work may warrant what you are talking about with a hyzerflip. I am not great at hyzer flipping at all but can see what you are talking about.

I honestly am considering putting together an all latitude bag for fun rounds. Since I have such a strong love for Rivers and Fuses already.

Check my sig. The only disc I really missed playing a Lat-only round today was the Warship. I have a Core I may be able to slip in its place, or I am considering a max weight Fuse. Great bag setup.

I thought the saint would challenge my Teebirds for a spot in the bag but it's my S line PD's that are in trouble, Threw my slightly seasoned S PD and same weight opto Saint on all shots today and both had near Identical flight, only difference was the saint took less effort to get there.

More trials to come, I have a 168 and 175 sparkle opto on the way so I'm hoping for more stability with that plastic. It will not however replace the gummy C PD for stable shots but I'm thinking it will take all S-PD's out of the bag from beat to new.

Chalked up another round with the Saints. I threw both of them on at least 65-70% of the holes. I am starting to get a much better feel for how each likes to fly and I am still happy with them.:thmbup: They are rapidly becoming my go to driver.

I thought the saint would challenge my Teebirds for a spot in the bag but it's my S line PD's that are in trouble, Threw my slightly seasoned S PD and same weight opto Saint on all shots today and both had near Identical flight, only difference was the saint took less effort to get there.

More trials to come, I have a 168 and 175 sparkle opto on the way so I'm hoping for more stability with that plastic. It will not however replace the gummy C PD for stable shots but I'm thinking it will take all S-PD's out of the bag from beat to new.

Thanks. thats what I've been looking for. I love my beat s pd but the fresh ones take forever to get to the money stage. Hopefully these will be a good substitute while I beat up a S or just use saints instead. Still will use c lines for all the overstable/stable duties

Now to go blow some money. I throw a 171 spd, should i get a 171 saint or heavier?

Mine seem to handle them just fine. I did make a drive into the wind last week that flipped it over and took it several hundred feet the opposite way..that gust was about 40-50mph right before a storm.;) Yesterday, we had 17-20 mph with gusts to 24...seemed to do OK for me.

Latest posts