• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Legit disc bag for under $100?

Thanks, that Saliants almost a reasonable price, but my guess is it's made in China?

Just b/c something is made in China or a foreign country) doesn't mean it's bad quality. That is a stereotype & a very stupid one at that. Most things made in America" have either work done on the product in another country or materials from other countries. Even most "American made" cars have many parts from other counties. So buying American doesn't help out the economy as much as most people think. Willful ignorance...:doh:
Heck, just get yourself a nice shoulder bag (Fade bags are awesome) and slap a set of quads on it. Way cheaper than $200. And, just as comfortable.[/B] :)
Just keep telling yourself that, I've had quite a few disc golf bags (Innova Competition, Innova Discarrier, Innova Standard, Fade Tourney, Revo & the Voodoo Karma) & quite a few different straps (DGA Gel Strapz, Innova Backstraps, Fade WeatherGuard straps & Quad Shocks) & nothing compares to my Grip A-Series bag. I told myself that backpack bags were not worth it & then I finally gave the Grip bag a try...I'll never be going back to a piece of luggage with straps on it. Also to all the people complaining that they cost to much, if you go disc golfing enough they more than pay for themselves & some even come with a lifetime warranty.
hey ride the throw,
i think you should start your own co. and start making and selling top/high quality back pack style bags for made in china/walmart prices

let us know when we can send you the money :popcorn:
:thmbup::D

Heck, just get yourself a nice shoulder bag (Fade bags are awesome) and slap a set of quads on it. Way cheaper than $200. And, just as comfortable. :)

Just keep telling yourself that, I've had quite a few disc golf bags (Innova Competition, Innova Discarrier, Innova Standard, Fade Tourney, Revo & the Voodoo Karma) & quite a few different straps (DGA Gel Strapz, Innova Backstraps, Fade WeatherGuard straps & Quad Shocks) & nothing compares to my Grip A-Series bag. I told myself that backpack bags were not worth it & then I finally gave the Grip bag a try...I'll never be going back to a piece of luggage with straps on it. Also to all the people complaining that they cost to much, if you go disc golfing enough they more than pay for themselves & some even come with a lifetime warranty.

Was going to say basically the same thing he did ^^^

I have TWO competition bags, with quad-straps and while it's a step up from the shoulder carry, it's not even close to the comfort from my Grip bag. You get what you pay for (even if the price is up there - so what, you get a lifetime warranty!)

I don't know about them PAYING for themselves, as I don't foresee my bag getting a sidejob to chip in for rent or anything, but as I said the lifetime warranty is an awesome thing.

I've said this in another thread, I love the way the A-Series and L-Series grips look, but not all backpack bags are stylish, in fact some are quite ugly...and the salient disc bag is NO exception...sorry that horrid handle on top is just tacky :thmbdown: Also, I'm not too impressed with the Ergo's look either. Keep in mind this is personal opinion here.

I don't know about them PAYING for themselves, as I don't foresee my bag getting a sidejob to chip in for rent or anything, but as I said the lifetime warranty is an awesome thing.

I've said this in another thread, I love the way the A-Series and L-Series grips look, but not all backpack bags are stylish, in fact some are quite ugly...and the salient disc bag is NO exception...sorry that horrid handle on top is just tacky :thmbdown: Also, I'm not too impressed with the Ergo's look either. Keep in mind this is personal opinion here.[/B]

:thmbup: In all honesty most backpack style bags are ugly. The best looking bags are the Grip L-Series, Grip A-Series, & DD Ranger if you ask me. The Golf Mahal, Ergo, Prodiscus, Salient, Ozark, Flak & Contender may be great bags but they are hard on the eyes. Also when I said that my Grip is going to "pay for itself" that was just poor wording on my part. What I mean is it will be worth buying in the long run & b/c it has a lifetime warranty I will most likely be using it for many years to come.

In all honesty most backpack style bags are ugly. The best looking bags are the Grip L-Series, Grip A-Series, & DD Ranger if you ask me. The Golf Mahal, Ergo, Prodiscus, Salient, Ozark, Flak & Contender may be great bags but they are hard on the eyes.

I feel like its tough to judge the look of something just from pictures on the internet.

I feel like its tough to judge the look of something just from pictures on the internet.

In addition we all have opinions if different styles. None of those bags listed really look ugly to me. I focus more on function and build than looks anyway

What are you talking about? I've seen all the bags I've listed multiple times being used by either my friends, people in tourneys & people in leagues. I even said it was just my opinion on how they look & I bet they're great bags I just don't like how they look.

Last edited:
I think if you also look at golf bags the quality ones are also in the $200+ price point . The one you posted is a POS and all of the top tier DG bags are far superior in materials, workmanship and warranty.

Quality almost always costs money and if you do the math it works out to pennies a round.\

I think if you also look at golf bags the quality ones are also in the $200+ price point . The one you posted is a POS and all of the top tier DG bags are far superior in materials, workmanship and warranty.

Quality almost always costs money and if you do the math it works out to pennies a round.\

There are several high quality bags under $200. The two Physical Flight offerings and Big Hyzer Ergo come to mind. They are made with the same materials as the high cost bags too.

So I refuse to pay the ridiculous prices vendors are trying to charge for backpacks. Makes no sense that an actual golf club bag with all its plastic and extra materials can be had for cheap, while something as simple as a disc golf bag is $200 minimum? When are these vendors, or a different one going to bring their pricing down to earth?

Seriously, why are Disc Golfers paying twice what these bags are worth?
Im going to keep using my regular backpack until the rest of the Disc Golf Scene gets another few backpack vendors that aren't ripping people off for twice what bags are worth.

And shame on any of them trying to peddle chinese products at premium prices.

1. They are getting paid hand over fence so why do they give a **** about peple like yourself who only want to spend $100 on a bag
2. You can't compare golf and disc golf. Golf is played on a much wider scale....more people buying = larger market = cheaper, wide spread manufacturing = cheaper bags.
3. i could go on and on with common sense but i feel like its prolly already been said.

There's always the trusty Wal-Mart plastic bag to carry all your stuff. Not only is the price right, but you won't have a hard time replacing it when it goes to hell. Plus it will hold all your PBR talls, extra sleeveless cutoff Tshirt, your woman's 3 packs of Newport Lights, and your three babys' extra diapers and generic juice boxes. Everybody wins.

1. They are getting paid HAND OVER FIST so why do they give a **** about peple like yourself who only want to spend $100 on a bag
2. You can't compare golf and disc golf. Golf is played on a much wider scale....more people buying = larger market = cheaper, wide spread manufacturing = cheaper bags.
3. i could go on and on with common sense but i feel like its prolly already been said.

FTFY

Link: Hand over fist

i have a fade crunch now.... outgrew it rather quickly now looking at the innova bags they have a little more quality i dont like fighting the zipper to get my discs out

There's always the trusty Wal-Mart plastic bag to carry all your stuff. Not only is the price right, but you won't have a hard time replacing it when it goes to hell. Plus it will hold all your PBR talls, extra sleeveless cutoff Tshirt, your woman's 3 packs of Newport Lights, and your three babys' extra diapers and generic juice boxes. Everybody wins.

That's how they do it in Plymouth wi

I love this post :)

Latest posts