• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Leopard Lust...!

But why not both? The more the merrier I says.

I've been bagging a real beat G* Leo, and a Champ Leo3 since I discovered the Leo3 early last season.
They complement each other very well in my US/S fairway slots.

Similar, a fresh Champ version to go with my beat in Pro version, makes for a nice 1-2 punch.

Am I the only one who bags a lighter Champ to go with a heavier Champ and Star? I'd rather have a beat Pro, but it works for what I need it too, while also being a good left-handed get out of trouble disc.

Am I the only one who bags a lighter Champ to go with a heavier Champ and Star? I'd rather have a beat Pro, but it works for what I need it too, while also being a good left-handed get out of trouble disc.

Did someone say beat pro leopard?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 62
Lots of Leopard love here. I used UDisc the other day to measure my newish Star and my Champ. Both landed at 397' and only 20' apart. And, since I live at 2300' elevation, the flight was closer to -0.5 turn and 1.5ish fade.

I will be in the Innova East warehouse tomorrow... Leo3s are at the top of my shopping list. I love my Leo's, I'm just wondering if the 3 will be fun to try out?

Anyone in here try the 3 and love it?

I will be in the Innova East warehouse tomorrow... Leo3s are at the top of my shopping list. I love my Leo's, I'm just wondering if the 3 will be fun to try out?

The Leopard3 is a staple of my bag. I've tried it in Star, Champion, Hannah Leatherman Swirly Star, and Champion Glow plastics. The Hannah Leathermans and the Champion Leo3s are my favorite.

The Leopard3 took the place of the River and the TL in my bag. I could still throw a TL in there if I want something between the Leo3 and the Banshee/Exodus/OS-Teebird, but the Leo3 takes care of most shots. The Leo3 is one of the 3 most used discs in my bag (along with putting with the putter and approaching with the Polekitty).

I never really got along with the Leopard, but the Leo3 is longer, feels better in my grip (I prefer flatter discs), and just works well for me.

TL;DR: Yes. Tried the Leo3, love it, bagging it now.

The Leopard3 is a staple of my bag. I've tried it in Star, Champion, Hannah Leatherman Swirly Star, and Champion Glow plastics. The Hannah Leathermans and the Champion Leo3s are my favorite.

The Leopard3 took the place of the River and the TL in my bag. I could still throw a TL in there if I want something between the Leo3 and the Banshee/Exodus/OS-Teebird, but the Leo3 takes care of most shots. The Leo3 is one of the 3 most used discs in my bag (along with putting with the putter and approaching with the Polekitty).

I never really got along with the Leopard, but the Leo3 is longer, feels better in my grip (I prefer flatter discs), and just works well for me.

TL;DR: Yes. Tried the Leo3, love it, bagging it now.

Have you tried the luster leopard3? What has your experience been with it?

Have you tried the luster leopard3? What has your experience been with it?

No, I have not yet gotten my paws on a Luster Leopard3, and I am curious to try them.

Also, forgot to mention that I've also tried the DX Leo3, and it's not bad. I might get a couple more as discs to risk around the lake at my home course...

I might have to give one a whirl and see how they are for me. Leo/CD2 are my go to in the speed/stability range. Would you say a leo3 is a slower CD2?

Regrettably, I have not yet tried a CD2 (so many discs, so little time), so maybe someone else here can give a good comparison. From what I've read, the CD2 is more overstable than the Leopard3.

I've thrown Star and Pro Leopards for years.

I didn't click with the Champ Leo3's as I felt they were a little too OS.

Only threw a Luster Leo3 a few times, but it seemed closer to an Eagle L than a Leopard.

The Star Leo3 is great though.

Hoping to eventually replace an old PFN Star with one.

Lots of Leopard love here. I used UDisc the other day to measure my newish Star and my Champ. Both landed at 397' and only 20' apart. And, since I live at 2300' elevation, the flight was closer to -0.5 turn and 1.5ish fade.

Leo3 isn't really much different, except it is flatter and is very touchy from what I've thrown. I came back to the Leo from the Leo3 and haven't looked back.

To answer the CD2 question, the Leo is gonna be more US and slower. An FD or Exodus would be more like a slower but just as stable CD2.

had a decent tailwind today, decided to throw a light Leo. It is an older disc that I bought back in 1999 or 2000 and is by far the gummiest Champ plastic I have ever had. It's pretty understable, but with the tailwind she sails just right! Man I love Leos. Have there been any other super gummy runs? I'd love to get more like this one... definitely one of my favorite discs of all time!
54255017_2543599039045488_6489171246058569728_n.jpg

Try G* if yuh cant find a really gummy champ... I bag one at 165 that was pretty understable out of the box but it can go far in a tailwind. Works great! Yayo for leo

had a decent tailwind today, decided to throw a light Leo. It is an older disc that I bought back in 1999 or 2000 and is by far the gummiest Champ plastic I have ever had. It's pretty understable, but with the tailwind she sails just right! Man I love Leos. Have there been any other super gummy runs? I'd love to get more like this one... definitely one of my favorite discs of all time!
54255017_2543599039045488_6489171246058569728_n.jpg

Whaaaat? I've been figuring out how to put mine in the 370+ range and feeling decent about that, then you go and add 100' on that.

The speed 6 just means they glide forever.

Try G*...
I have G* and the flight is close but the feel is wrong. My gummy champ is close to floppy R-Pro in stiffness. It is by far the gummiest I have!

Whaaaat? I've been figuring out how to put mine in the 370+ range and feeling decent about that, then you go and add 100' on that.

The speed 6 just means they glide forever.
370' is awesome! That is some clean form and something to be proud of! Mine only went the extra distance because of the tailwind/light weight combo.

Watching it go 480 was a thing of beauty though... totally wish I had it on video. It's frustrating that I didn't get another 21' out of it. I would love to see a 500+ with a Leo hahaha

Does anyone know if they changed the leopard mold at some point in time and when it was? I recently got a proline leopard and it feels completely different in the hand than my other modern leopards. Haven't had a chance to throw it and compare flights yet.

What do you think has changed?

I've been throwing them for nearly 20 years and I have only seen the normal molding variations.

Admittedly I have not bought any new Leopards (non-3) in the last year.

Those Prolines are great though!