• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Leopard3 - Halo vs Star vs Pro

The Mickstar

Berg Gang
Can anyone compare the flight of the Leopard3 in Halo, Star & Pro plastic?

My son has a Pro Leopard (not 3) that I've thrown a bit, so comparisons to that would also be helpful. (From what I've read, there isn't much difference between the Leopard and Leopard3, though.)

Can anyone compare the flight of the Leopard3 in Halo, Star & Pro plastic?

My son has a Pro Leopard (not 3) that I've thrown a bit, so comparisons to that would also be helpful. (From what I've read, there isn't much difference between the Leopard and Leopard3, though.)

I have many Leopards and in general-

Most stable - Halo > Star > Pro - Least Stable

I really like both the Halo L3's and Pro Leopards I have. I do have one Star but it's a bit on the soft, gummy side and I am not a fan of that particular plastic. (bought it online of course).

Halos fly very straight for me with a soft fade. I would call the flight numbers of the two I have which are very similar -1/1.5.

I would say in general for me a Pro Leopard starts out -2/1 but of course beats in much quicker. I just threw a new one yesterday in the bag too.

Throwing these about 335-350 closer to sea level.

Most stable - Halo > Star > Pro - Least Stable

Thanks.

Would you say Star is approximately in the middle stability-wise, or closer to one than the other? Any idea where the Champion would fit in?

Also, is my understanding that the Leopard & L3 fly similarly correct?

Thanks.

Would you say Star is approximately in the middle stability-wise, or closer to one than the other? Any idea where the Champion would fit in?

Also, is my understanding that the Leopard & L3 fly similarly correct?

Yes to Star being middle-stability. I've noticed Champions are a tick more stable than Stars, closer to a TL or very worn Start Teebird for me. I bag both.

The two Halo Leopard 3s I've bagged are also pretty domey. Even after a lot of use they seemed to settle in at a 7/5/-1/2. I'm not a big fan of the dome so I've dropped them from my bag for a beat up Star Eagle and some F5s.

Any comparison to Luster Champion L3s?

I threw a max weight Gibson Tour Series and CFR Lusters in 2018-19 and they were the beefiest L3's I'd ever thrown. Definitely closer to TL/ TB territory.

Big fan of the Halo L3, and the slot that it fills in my bag. I bag one, have my only ace with one that is stacked, and two more back ups I have collected. It's one of my workhorses. It flies more stable than Star Plastic for sure, but its also a tad heavier than any other Star L3 I have had. I like it because it is dependable and consistent, every time. Hyzer, Hyzer flip to flat and even turnover/anny shots...it does a ton of work as needed for me. I'd probably say its a -1/1.5 if thrown in a neutral manner, but as stable as it can be on hyzer, it will flip and hold an anny as well. Great disc.

Latest posts