• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Lid Lovers

When it's a mellow wind, for upshots I'm super accurate. Just a touch of nose up and that cat heads on a straight line, floats in place for a second and drops at the pin. When it's windy I'll put a bit more hyzer and usually flips flat.

My newer kitty doesn't mind the wind a bit. I'm always missing left with it, expecting a flip that doesn't exist.

My 150g beat in kitty ... also flips less than I expect. I think Polecats like wind better than they get credit for. (better than you guys seem to be giving them credit for :) )

Nah, you can definitely work them in the wind. I throw Polecats as often as I can, ask anybody who throws with me. But when it starts to get blustery, there are other and better more predictable options.

Nah, you can definitely work them in the wind. I throw Polecats as often as I can, ask anybody who throws with me. But when it starts to get blustery, there are other and better more predictable options.

It's definitely possible to screw yourself with a Polecat in the wind. But adding hyzer is usually what makes that happen to me. Some r-l tailwind and I put too much hyzer on it .... Man those things can sail!

I was reminded a few days ago; it was about a 15mph wind, and my buddy and I had a Polecat vs Zephyr skill-shot type challenge; we both just gave them far too little credit for wind-fighting. And, obviously, found the Polecat to be King!

Anyone pick up a Zephyr lately, the one with the old stamp (not the lame "Super Class" version)?
I have a DX from the 90s, and a 2010 Champ CFR, and these two I just got feel nothing like DX, or Champ. Not the like DX Zephyr I have from the 90s OR any other current DX plastic I have.
Feels way more "Champy-Star"...
Either way, man, I missed these.
Definitely playing some Zephyr rounds soon...

Pre thumb trac zephyr circa 93 getting it's first taste of air this weekend

Attachments

• WP_20150523_14_15_50_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150523_14_15_50_Pro.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 46
^ Thats sweet... if you ever want to trade for it let me know....

And, I'll get a pic of my Zeps in question to compare plastics in a few minutes, David!

So, here's those Zeps.... Apologies for the numerous pics, but its kind of hard to get across the difference via photo. Its more about feel.
These (Pink and Orange) are much more "plasticy" feeling than the others (White-DX early 90s but not a special blend or anything, Blue CFR-Champ).
You can see a bit more shine to them at least... and none from the DX.

These were the last two Infinite Discs had.
Innovate really blew it "updating" this stamp. New one looks horrible.

Last edited:
Yeah mine is very plasticity and has sparkles in the plastic any idea what its worth

Yeah mine is very plasticity and has sparkles in the plastic any idea what its worth

Is it "normal" golf disc diameter or more like an Ultrastar? Care to take a pic next to a regular driver or putter? No idea on value, but I really want to say that's a Birdie, not a Zephyr (I could absolutely be wrong and am often though).

Yeah I'm not at home but its ultra star size not a birdie its much larger than any other golf disc I own and well my signature says it all I throw large diameter discs

Care to take a pic next to a regular driver or putter? .... but I really want to say that's a Birdie, not a Zephyr (I could absolutely be wrong and am often though).

Good idea... could be right....
Although, I do feel like I saw Zephyrs without the track back in the day...

EDIT: Just saw D's response. Must be a Z.

Last edited:
That is freaking awesome then! :thmbup: Still no idea on value, but I'm sure there are some Zephyr lovers out there that can help you put a price on it.

I bought a 3 disc lot that the owner had no clue what any one was I bid on it just for this stamp and when they came in to my shock it was this massive thing and a san Marino roc that Im still trying to get a value on and a san Marino micro bead aviar that is already at 20 in an auction........crazy part is all 3 were 15 plus shipping all 3 brand new.....

I bought a 3 disc lot that the owner had no clue what any one was I bid on it just for this stamp and when they came in to my shock it was this massive thing and a san Marino roc that Im still trying to get a value on and a san Marino micro bead aviar that is already at 20 in an auction........crazy part is all 3 were 15 plus shipping all 3 brand new.....

LOL. Thats the same aviar I'm currently winning no? "From a King to a King"
Small world...

This roc was the true gem in the lot though never saw another stamped with this color combo and yes that is the aviar and if I didn't throw beadless it would be in my bag its such a nice feeling disc

Attachments

• WP_20150523_14_15_58_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150523_14_15_58_Pro.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 46

Latest posts